Sign in to follow this  
de Lattre WGA

SID and STAR error.

Hello,I know that PMDG is not supporting sid and star, but I hope that Terry yerling will jump on this thread.Since I have upgraded to the last airac cycle, I am experiencing prob on some airport.KMIA for example is the best "example"...I have an error message on the FMC, runway unknown, and of course no sid and star for this given airport.In a previous thread, after a search, I red that I just need to delete the source of error, in this case the runway. I had to do this for all MIA runway.There were no prob for selecting the star and the appropriate runway, but when I wanted to depart, when I was selecting, the POTTR2 it said OK, and when I selected the 09L, it said not in database.I do not know what to do, I have downloaded the lates zip file from the PMDG download section, but it is the same prob.Unless I missed a thread in my search I am looking for help and advise.Thanks very much in advance.Also I am looking for the solution to have the wings appearing in 2d panel, when looking back left.Thanks again. Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

Oops,Sorry Terry, I made a very big mistake spelling you last name. All my apologies. Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

Try downloading the SID/STAR file for the airport on www.navdata.at . Bye, Luca

Hi there.I had a look at the wpNavAPT from the latest AIRAC cycle 0404. There seems to have been a renumbering of the runways. Here is what's listed:KMIA09 KMIA30 KMIA27 KMIA12KMIA08RKMIA26LKMIA08LKMIA26R The L and R for rwy 09 are gone, but 08 and 26 now have L and R, this is due to new official changes. That's why you get the error message. The AIRAC cycle will always be up to date, but not FS.If you visit http://204.108.4.16/ap_diagrams.asp?search...&submit1=Search and search for MIA, the airport legend for KMIA can confirm this. This will require a rewriting of the SID/STAR file. Bear in mind that the FS default scenery still will "stay behind" and will not reflect the changes. However there may be some pay- or freeware sceneries out there that could have this implemented.

Hi again.I did some research and found that the airport numbering has changed from AIRAC 0403 to 0404. So anyone with the newest cycle will get an error message for KMIA. I assume that this will change when Terry come up with new procedures based on 0404.I also made a test and renumbered the SID/STAR file for KMIA, and it seems to work. But I don't have any charts so I can't tell if it's 100 % correct. Until new procedures arrive, and if you want to try and test, pls let me know and I can send it to you, or you can edit it yourself. But be aware of that FS default still will reflect the old numbering system when you select rwy's.

Hello,As per above, I have changed the runway and there is no more error.I have not changed any procedure yet, so by just changing the runway number, it will get ride of the error message, but won't change the description of KMIA sid and stars.Based on my last JEPPVIEW cd, which is a 2 month old now, 13 FEB 04, it is still the old runway system.I am downoading actualy the update 1.2 for Fly Tampa Miami, and I will see.Mean time, if you could send me a copy of your modified KMIA, it would be great.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

Guest pagotan

Hi Cyrille,Guess you could have a look at this site: http://204.108.4.16/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp, hit the airport diagram button on the left part of the screen then on the next page type MIA and you get the latest KMIA airport diagram with the new runway numbers. If you feel like checking the PMDG terminal procedures against current charts you can download all current charts for MIA from the very same site. DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Hi again.As stated above all diagrams for KMIA are on that site, You can also find them here: http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php.As far as I have discovered the changes for rwy number are:09R is now 09 (LOC I-BUL)09L is now 8R (LOC I-MFA)27R is now 26L (LOC I-VIN)27L is now 27 (LOC I-MIA)RWY 12 and 30 are the same.New rwy's 8L and 26R. These are NOT in FS default scenery. So this means as an example: If you select the airport and let's say rwy 27R in the FS meny for departure, you have to select 26L in the PMDG FMC. The same applies also to arrivals of course.

Guest stang

Hi Cyrille. The 0404 cycle does use the new runway numbers at KMIA. However, the release of the 0404 cycle is somewhat tied to the release of the 737NG -800/900 right now since it has additional procedure commands that are being introduced by this upcoming release.Terry

Hello,Thanks Terry, and sorry again for the misspelling, I hate this...Well i think, it is time for a new delivery...I am just teading you, take all the time you need...Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg