Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

smooth flaps movement with the new 737NG models?

Robert,we don't provide support for modifications to PMDG products. Since we are not involved with Kittyhawk, we will not be modifying our panel to work with it.

maybe i should ask kin a different way?if the panel is obviously causing the flap movement not to be smooth on the kittyhawk model, maybe it does so with the pmdg model, too.because the flap movement is the only thing i have to complain about concerning the otherwise excellent pmdg model.(although this is not an "emergency" matter for me ;) )i could guess that the flap movement of the pmdg model is meant to be smooth to, but i observe that it moves in small steps.one could say this is not a question concerning the modification to make it fit to the kittyhawk model but a question regarding the original product.secondly: i don't want pmdg to modify any part of their panel to make it work with a different model.but maybe one of the customers tried something like this before and could help me.the question was not necessarily addressed to pmdg only but to everyone visiting this forum,

Guest CaptTate

My flaps for my PMDG move extremely smooth. Maybe its your video card or something like that?

Guest zip

Mine are also stepped on the 737, as is the animation of the steps.The RFP 742 is smooth, and so are other planes, and some are not. The Meljet 777 is very smooth, some of my older FS2002 planes are rather blocky.I think from reading a design thread on smooth animation a while back it has to do with the modeling of the animation in GMAX, but perhaps there is some hidden switch in some CFG file that will make the "step" effect go away.I have a fairly high end system and horsepower is likely not the problem here as the frame rate as I still get 40 FPS with stepped flaps and stairs.Perhaps someone from the development team or someone familiar with GMAX modeling can provide some explanation.

the fascinating thing about this is, that the kittyhawk model does not move the flaps stepwise if used with any other panel, only the pmdg panel creates the step effect.that made me think the panel.cfg could be the culprit.

Guest Wills402

Hmmm over 250 real time flight hours in the PMDG 737NG and not once have I stood outside the aircraft and watched the flaps move. Usually when I'm moving flaps I'm too busy getting ready to land or take off. :D Think I'll have to go use my activecamera and check it out, my curiosity is getting the best of me.Willhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg Edit: Okay, went and had a look. I can see what you meant so just to be fair I went to the same view on every aircraft I have from every different payware and freeware developer I have and came to the conclusion that they all looked the same. Flap speeds of course were different but NONE were what I would classify as smooth. I also noticed for the first time that when I turned on the Air conditioner I couldn't feel it blowing in my face. ;-)

hi,while trying to merge the kittyhawk 737-700 model with pmdg's panel i observed something strange:the flap movement of the kittyhawk model with the default 737-400 panel is absolutely smooth.as soon as i change the panel to pmdg the flap movement is not smooth anymore.obviously the panel.cfg or the gauges influence the smoothness of flap movement.will there be any change to this with the new panel?regards,robert lechner