Sign in to follow this  
Guest AlohaPilot

Initial GPS position problem

Guest AlohaPilot

AlohaPilotHi,I am new here, and I am having difficulty inserting the current GPS position into the FMC during preflight.There are no empty boxes like the real airplane FMC has....on page one of the PosInit page....I grab the current GPS L position, and then find on page one that there is no place to enter it.However, the airplane seems to be at the right airport. Curious.Also, Flap lever movement is difficult, and I have trouble with engaging TOGA.Last, the PFD has a message across the horizon: Target FPS 10..this repeats across the ND and also upper DU. What is this?Any help appreciated. Trying to understand this sim.Aloha,Robert MorrisonAQ Capt 737-700W

Hi there!Currently, the 737 doesn't have an IRS - therefore you can't align it.PMDG does want to retrofit it...Anyway, GPS position is the only position for the moment and it's always 100% accurate, basically an ANP of 0.0001 miles.regarding TOGA, the toga button isn't on the throttles, but its a screw on the MCP, I think the left top one."Target FPS" displays the target frames per second set in the options menu. Go into the PMDG menu and disable the option to display target fps in the displays.Good luck,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png