Sign in to follow this  

RivaTuner Tuturial?

Downloaded RivaTuner. I can't find a users guide. Is there one?Would one of you nice people be willing to show me how to use thisutility?Sys: AMD TBIRD 1 GIG MHZ 512 SDRAM Biostar MB 20 GIG HD GEFORCE GTS PRO 64MEG RAM VIDEO CARD VIEWSONIC 21' P810-4 MONITORThank you very much.Jim Alcorn

Hi Jim,The latest RivaTuner has good built in help, so that should be your first stop. Its context sensitive as well, so you can right click on any option for specific help on that feature.Its UI interface for getting into the main areas is one of the worst UI designs I've ever seen, but once you're there the online help should cover anything you care to change. To get to the main parts, click the tiny arrows on the "Main" tab next to the "Customize..." text:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d231b0261ace7f6.gifGood luck, http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

I would recommend you stay away from the Power user area as it doesnt offer even the most avid power user any value. Access the customize button on the lower grid (Driver Settings).Select the 2nd icon (Direct Draw and Direct3d settings)1st tab - Mipmapping Set the lod bios to a negative value. Start out -.03 or so andyou can adjust from there. the greater the negative the sharper the image. I use -3.02nd Tab - Depth Buffering Leave as Default3rd Tab - LMALeave as Default4th Tab - BlittingLeave as Default5th Tab - VsyncI set "Always off" but some have said they get an improvement with iton - experiment6th Tab - TexturesI would leave the defaults checked under "Texture Format Settings"Under "Texture filtering settings" (Anisotropy)Start out with "Force Level 2" and see what frame rates you get.I use Level 4 but it can hit your FPS depending on your card.These here will give greater detail in the distance. Again experiment.7th Tab - CompatibilityI leave these all unchecked8th Tab - AntiAliasingI set mine (GeForce4 4600) at Quincunx - again experimentQuincunx is Nividia's so your options may very. Start with level 2Hope this helpsP.S. Some options require a reboot.Have FunBobG

Hi Bob, I received replies from Elrond and you. Thank you both.Before I received yours I got into the POWER USER looking for the help section. Never found it I made some bad choices there because now FS2OO2 hangs when the first screen comes up. I figuered out how to uninstall (I Think) Rivatuner.I reinstalled Rivatuner, but still have the same result. I Don't remember what changes I made.The lack of info is unfair to you, B U U U U U T, any ideas you might have, very welcomed by me.I trust you and everybody else is having a safe and relaxing 4th of July.God Bless AMERICA.Thank you.Jim Alcorn

JIMBOI would uninstall my driver and re-install. Then next I would reinstall Riva Tuner. Let me know if this helpsBob

Thank you many buckets for getting back to me so soon.I will take your advice.It will be sometime tomorrow but I will definitely let you know my results.Thanks againJIMBO

Hi Bob, Reinstalled Driver, FS2002 PRO. and Rivatuner.Everything seems to be okay now.Thanks again.jim

Hey Let me know with those setting I gave you how nice or not so nice your scenery looks. What board are you using ?Bob

Hi again, my mbd is a Biostar m7vkd.This system was designed be A A+ Microsoft certified tech that knows what he's doing.I am very pleased with scenery improvements. Tested VSINC, best fps ON. FPS, cockpit view plus small spot plane, on final at DFW 13R averages 14FPS.Plane C182RG. jimbo