Sign in to follow this  
swj737

FMC Routes

Hi All, In a recent flight in the 737-700 from SFO to EWR I created a High Alitude Airway plan in FS9, then deleted a lot of waypoints (ones that were already on specified airways) to reduce the number of waypoints I needed to enter into the FMC. I save the flight plan and activated it, then when I enter the shorter list of waypoints into the FMC, many of the previously deleted waypoints (from the fs9 flight plan) show up in the legs section of FMC. It kind of 'filled in the blanks' for me. At first I thought this was a cool kind of shortcut, but on closer inspection I found the routes where slighly different, the FMC route was about 30+ miles south of the FS9 planned route. When LNAV is engaged, after a few minutes, ATC tells me turn onto a heading that would put me back onto the expected fs9 route. Once getting there, re-activation of LNAV would direct the craft back to the FMC's route. I can 'shut-up' ATC so I'm not bothered, but I'm wondering how the FMC get's the original waypoints into it's flight.Also, when fuel planning with the FMC, I go through the Load Manager, compare it against the estimated fuel for the flight plan, give myself some extra for winds and taxi's, but on longer flight (>2 hours), I do get a lot of INSUFFCIENT FUEL messages. they usually go away in the last 3rd of the flight, I've always had enough fuel to make the flight, even more than the reserves. I do usually accelerate the sim to 2X or 4X for a portion of the flight. Does a higher sim rate affect the realtime fuel computations of the FMC.This product is so great I forget it's a sim - total immersion!SteveDell 2.4, 1 GB RAM, Geforce4 4800

Guest BernBear

Steve,I'm not sure about the first part of your post, but it may be due to different data sets between FS9 and the PMDG FMC, which uses Navdata Airac cycles.As for your second question: YES, accelerating the sim definitely play havoc on the fuel computation of the FMC, especially on longer flights. Sometimes, when my fuel load is really on the generous side, I show e.g.: 12000 lbs at my destination, but shortly after accelerating the sim to 4X my fuel is suddenly insufficient and after going back to 1X very slowly creeps back up to where it used to be.That never happens when I fly the whole flight at real time.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Thanks Max!, I started looking for ways to cut back on load and fuel in order to prevent those messages, but now I will just ignore them.RegardsSteve