Sign in to follow this  
crvm

FPS 800-900 for me

Guest ejv747

Randy,I am looking to upgrade from my FX-5600 128Mb to the Ultra 5700 you seem to sport would you recomend that or should I steer different?Your input is greatly appreciatted.The screenies are awesome, I have been checking the sales page everyday I WANT THIS BIRD BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDDDDDDDDD!!!Thank youMy specs are: Vaio/3.2Ghz/1Gig Ram/180Gig Harddrive/Asus FX5600 128Mb/

No I would tell you to wait BECAUSE with the pending release of Nvidia's 6800 and ATI's new cards the current prices will drop sharply! As for the 5700 Ultra, it is better than aq ATI 9600XT but not a ATI 9800 PRO. If you are set on getting one sooner and want to stay with Nvidia I would suggest a Gforce 5900XT, for only 20 bucks more (most places) than the price of a 5700 Ultra it is worth it. The 5700 Ultra can clock higher but is limited in the pipes at 128 whereas the 5900XT goes 256 so a better choice..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest ejv747

Randy,Thank you very much, your advice is much appreciatted.Thanks

nobody noticed the pilots? :D or did I miss them in a previuous post? Luca

Randy, that is correct.Also, setting the Baro on the left EFIS panel has no influence on the right altimeter.On some classics there are a total of 4 altimeters (Capt's altimeter, FO's altimeter, stby altimeter and an altimeter that measures in meters). All four have to be set independently.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest hardhit

Hello Randy,I have about the same setup AMD 64 3200+, ASUS KV8 Deluxe, ATI 9800 PRO 128 mb, 1 GB Corsair DDR400 ram and 120 GB hard-drive.With the current 600 / 700 I get about 15 - 20 FPS in heavy scenery and 30 when high up in the air.My sliders are all maxed out and I mean All. What are your settings currently that you get 40+ Best regards,Peter

I have replacement clouds and 1280 res is the max I run at. The 800-900 is better frame rate friendly...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

This just gets better and better. I am looking forward to flying the 800 and 900.

Guest Ray CYYZ

I can see the beta threads now ...Anthony: "Sorry guys, since you posted the comments about the dual speed wipers, I now have to redesign the entire electrical system with breaker panels."Pete: "Darn, how do I model the streaks on the glass from the wipers???"Vangelis: "Did you know wipers produce Drag? I need to recalculate the flight model now!"Marc & Vin: "Anthony, we'll have the panels ready soon. Did you want buttons that work?"Lefteris: "You guys are killing me! I need another vacation!"Robert: "Easy boys, we need to ship next week.":-lolRay

Guest mcd211255

Hi,Not being in the queue at PMDG for the NG 600/700 when it first appeared (probably waiting at the PSS queue for the Airbus A320), I was not in a position to notice whether any liveries came with it. Having recently purchased the NG 600/700 and now awaiting the release of the 800/900 could any one advise whether there is normally suitable liveries released at the same time. Some companies charge for the extra liveries and that in my opinion is were PMDG gets my number one vote as the liveries are FREE. What liveries will be available as I assume the original 600/700 liveries will not 'wrap'the new NG's.Mike DouglasCaptain. British Airways Virtual

Guest mvf1981

Hi Mike,All the real world liveries will be available and probably at release time as well give or take a few days due to the high downloads of 800/900 product.maybe someone from pmdg could confirm this just to be sure :)(of course some fictional liveries will probably be made too at some point in the future and put to the avsim site.) >ps a nice BA 800/900 repaint (fictional) would be nice:)hope this answers your questionMark ;)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgBAV101, Senior First Officer