Sign in to follow this  
Guest vegaskid

question for PMDG about liveries

Guest vegaskid

Hello, PMDG, can you tell me if you are going to come out with anymore liveries. Maybe like the alaska airlines special paints or anything like that? Or just more liveries in general. Also, for a recomendation, i think you should try to come out with the 737-200/300...i like the old stuff. :-) Thanks, Scott

Scott,As of right now, John and I have not done any fantasy 800-900 liveries. There are still a few real world ones to do so they will get our attention once we get back into painting. Last count we have over 40 odd liveries done so we're both kinda burned out now and we're taking a break (but if it's like the other two airplanes I've done, I'll start painting again real soon ;-)).

Guest CAL737

Hello,Mr. Sterling, by "fantasy" liveries, do you mean custom paints? I have some imaginary liveries I would like to see, but I have poor painting skills and require help. Would you or Mr. Tavendale be opposed to doing custom paints? (At your convenience of course ;-))Thanks,Travis

Guest yaphet kotto

is there a paint kit for the beech? i haven't seen any user-made liveries for it (i am personally after Binter Canarias), and wondered if it was because there was no paint kit. or maybe i am just overlooking something :)andy.

Guest vegaskid

PMDG Mac Paint, About the fantasy paints and how you will not do them till later. That kind of makes me laugh because US Airways, America West, and American all do not have the 737-700. US Airways has the 300 and 400, America West has the 300, and American only has the 800. So those are fantasy paint schemes already. I understand when you say you are burnt out about painting. I can't wait till you start again. Thats why i suggest PMDG should make the 737-200/300 because a lot of liveries fall under those aircraft. Especially a lot of the paints you have painted for the 700/600. Also, Southwest doesn't have any 600's. I understand you were probably trying to get it close to the 500's. They are still fantasy paints. If you are going to continue painting in this way, i would like to suggest the Freedom Air, Qantas, Air New Zealand, United, and Delta. Also, Northwest doesn't even have any 737's. lol. Another fantasy it seems. Well please reply. Thanks. Future Airline Pilot

Future Airline Pilot, please sign your name to your post per our forum rules ;-)As stated, we haven't done any fantasy liveries for the 800/900 but that does not mean we will or will not. I did fantasy liveries for the 600/700 but these were done after we had completed most of the 600/700 real world liveries. There are still several 800's to do and after these are done, either by John, I or any of the customer's, we will revisit the fantasy liveries. I'm not opposed to doing some but that would all depend on our schedule for the next Express and the Queen of the Sky projects.

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot I understand. I think we misinterpreted each other actually. I was talking about making more fantasy liveries for the 600/700 such as Freedom air, Qantas, United, Air New Zealand Etc. Does this make more sense? lol. I'm sorry I was always talking about would you make more fantasy liveries for the 600/700...Does this help or? Future Airline Pilot

Guest vegaskid

Thanks Travendale, Thank you. I really enjoyed those new paints. All though, I could not find the United..Ill try again later. Maybe also do you think you could paint a Freedom Air? Thanks. Let me know. Scott (Future Airline Pilot)

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot Thank you. Umm...can you tell me what software you use to do your paints? Maybe ill try and do it myself. Thanks. Scott

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot Hey i downloaded the paint kit and i tried to use paint shop pro, but it doesn't read the file that the paint kit comes with. Do you have any suggestions travendale? Thanks, Scott

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot Tavendale im sorry, its late.