Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

GOOD MORNING PMDG Crews: The 737-800/900 is HERE!

Guest christianholmes

Hi,I've never owned the PMDG planes, but have heard nothing but great things. I love big complex planes, and I fly PS1 so I'm not afraid of it. I am addicted to clickable VCs, and only in PS1 will I fly with a panel. My question is, is the plane completely flyable from VC/keyboard? I don't ever want to see a 2D panel again if I can avoid it and the screen shots of the VC are amazing. Thanks and congrats.

Just did my first test flight on VATSIM in the -800 Delta NNC livery from KTPA to KORD. Wanted to see how the FR was in VC mode at payware sceneries of Fly Tampa and Simflyers KORD. Well, she was smooth as silk. Was finally able to do start up to shut down in VC and loved it!! Even got to here the "traffic, traffic" alert coming into ORD. Great job guys...simply the best out there. Going to do a -900 flight tonight in COA livery..can't wait. I really enjoy the new window textures in VC as well. Much cleaner and crisper. Also like the new reflections as well. Have not found a single thing wrong.

Eric 

Guest ejv747

Thank you, Thank you AWQESOME worth the wait every minute.That is all I have to say for now off to another flight with the 900 KLM new colors!!!!See ya!!Thanks again to the entire PMDG team, what would MSFS be without you guy's!!! (I don't want to know)

Guest Buck Bolduc

Robert and team.Just printed the manuals for 736-739.I have never seen a set of manuals constructed in such a coherent manner, excelent job.All the tech in the world is reletively useless if it cannot be convayed to others. Imagine, handing the pilot a set of keys(so to speak) to an airliner and saying, "Off with you now, you all will just have to figure out how it works". In a reletive sense, thats how some addon documentation is written.You guy's are the best, hands down!Regards

Guest jgreth123

I see one problem, in the 2D cockpit, on the overhead, the Dome Lighting brightness knob does not work, but works in VC (which I don't use) and does not illuminate the cockpit when I go back to 2D cockpit mode.Otherwise I have had no problems whatsoever. Great job PMDG!!!Now to line up next to a 600 with my 900 to see the size difference from my own perspective :)- Jeff

Thanks Robert and team for all the hard work on this release and I would like to echo the words of David Roch.I am currently downloading so I guess a late night tonight :-)I do however havae one complaint, that of timing.This weekend British Summer weather has arrived, at least here in Manchester, and if you know anything about the British weather you will know how transitory Summer is so to release the -800 now was not very nice :( Oh, decisions, decisions, do you I fly or do I enjoy the sun :-)Thanks guys, download just completed, of to read the manuals.Dave

Guest FattyBear

Its a great release, except after a while I cant use the radiostack, cant arm spoilers with keyboard, and cant put the gear down. I've only done one flight so far but other than not being able to land its great :-lol

Guest amerton

Jeff,The technique used to implement this is not available in 2d panels.So it's not a problem on your side. anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Captains!Good Morning!It is with great pleasure that we greet you with a brand new airplane for your weekend journeys!at 0745Z 24APR04 PMDG have made available for purchase the PMDG NEXT GENERATION 737-800/900!It is late- and today has been long, but there are a few details we want to confirm with you before you go racing off to the airport!1) PROMOTIONAL PRICING: As a "THANK YOU!" to all of you who have supported PMDG during the past few years- and particularly as we have cut our teeth in the MSFS platform, we are offering a special pricing package on the PMDG 737-800/900! Promotional Pricing of $22.95 will exist until 03:59Z 08MAY04. (23:59EDT 07MAY04) At the conclusion of the promotional period, the price will go to its normal level of $27.95.2) In order to use the PMDG 737-800/900 you MUST have a copy of the PMDG 737: THE NEXT GENERATION (either from the CDRom or by download!) If you do not already own it, you can purchase them both at the same time! (The installer will warn you if you do not have the PMDG 737: THE NEXT GENERATION installed!)3) The PMDG 737-800/900 will install directly over the top of your PMDG 737-600/700! If you are not currently using V1.3, you should follow the instructions provided by the installer!4) After installation you will notice that the 737-6/700 virtual cockpits do not have all the new "clickable interfaces" of the PMDG 737-800/900. We did this to keep the file size down, as sending the updated 737-600/700 models would have pushed the file size to nearly 90MB! *YIKES* PMDG 737-800/800 owners will be able to install a special bonus download that we will make available in the near future. This bonus download will allow you to have clicakable Virtual Cockpits on the 737-6.700! (There are no plans for clickable 6.700s without the 8/900 upgrade...sorry!)5) We have deferred installation of Inertial Reference System until a later date. Not because we couldn't make it work, but because we did not feel we had adequate time to get it interacting properly with the rest of the airplane systems that it supports. We'll have more information for you on this topic in a future update.Okay- I think that covers the major items for now (if anyone is still reading!)Thanks again for your patronage during the past six years...All of us at PMDG hope you enjoy your new (longer!) 737! Don't forget to RTFM!!!!!!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jgreth123

I too have seen the bug where I could not arm auto-spoilers. I have not yet run into any radiostack or landing gear problems, though... I can't wait !! rofl :(

Guest zip

Thanks to the team, amazing what you guys can do with FS.Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Guest FattyBear

:-lol Well I just did a test flight around Renton/Seattle and with two landings had no problems this time. Maybe you just have to break it in first :-lol

:-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah nuff said"Lairy" Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

great timing guys! yesterday i did my first solo and today the 737-800 .. woohooo ... thanx for all the effort you have and will put into this great product!!