Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

GOOD MORNING PMDG Crews: The 737-800/900 is HERE!

Guest Usscarrier

Hey PMDG - First GREAT JOB! I haven't d/l the 800/900 yet but love the 700 and am looking forward to the release of the BBJ in the future :)One quick question though, you said that you will be releasing the update for the 600/700 in the future whick will add the clickable spots for the VC etc... Will this update include all of the updates/enhancements that are in the 8/900 package such as: improved radio panel, TCAS updated 2D graphics for the main panel etc and the FMC etc..etc..etc..Thanks in advance for the reply and again nice job by the entire PMDG team!!Travis Normandin

Guest 737captain

Sorry all if this is the wrong place to ask this, I'm new to all this forum stuff.Before I buy the complete package 737 600/700 & 737 800/900 I want to know how flyable the aircraft is in the VC mode. I don't want to be switching back to 2D in order to do certain things. I'd much rather fly using the VC.Let me know

Well that depends on what you mean. The overhead is very usable and I cannot think of anything off hand that you cannot use in the VC. The GEAR handle will not go to OFF (center) in VC but that is not a big deal only a FS limitation. You can also bringup the FMC or position yourself with Active camera to use it there (a bit akward). The throttles and radios work too so yeah you can ;-) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest 737captain

Thanks for that - do I need active camera to use the VC at all ?Basically I want to be able to do all the flying from the VC, set the autopilot, go through the engine start up/shutdown sequence etc.

Hello again, you will need to sugn your name (first is ok) while visting our forum, thank you. Um if you want to be able to see everything or have more free viewing then I would say yes indeed you need it although if you can handle the limitations with a joystick hat alone then no. Active Camera is NEEDED to roam the cabin. Active Camera is fantastic for the VC or doing a walk around![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest 737captain

Thanks for that Randy, I'm away to buy it now.Niall

Where's the standalone version you more or less said you'd release for people not interested in the 5,6,700 series?I'm not going to spend $40 on those which I never use then buy the 8 and 900 for some $25 again in order to fly only the 800 (and that not too often as I'm not that much into modern stuff currently)...For people only interested in one series, you might consider a lower priced version with only the 800 and 900 (or maybe release each series and the panel as a separate option so people can mix and match at will).

Guest goetze berlin

Hallo,I have no creditcard.I have the boxedversion from Aerosoft/Germany.What can i do to update from 737/600-700 to 737/800-900?Can i by it from "simmarket" or from "Aerosoft-Onlinestor/Germany?With greetingsRainer G

Rainer,Sorry, but at the present time, our order server requires credit card ifnormation to complete all orders for download which is the only available format for the 800/900 at this time. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg