Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Texture Problem with US - Groom Lake AFB / Area 51 / Dr

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!I downloaded and installed this airport/base but about half the buildings are that plain white blank.I've carefully gone over it to make sure I didn't misplace or forget anything and I can't see where the problem is.Also tried emailing the author but so far, no response.Has anyone else who has installed this scenery had this problem?Regards,Heather

Guest wkzzo

Heather I dont have this scenery but I know alot of scenerys require you to have various texture packages installed in you texture folder, such as these:1)Airport 2.x textures: Common scenery textures 2)VOD Textures: Common scenery textures 3)ASD 2.1 Textures: Common scenery textures 4)NOVA Gold Textures: Common scenery textures 5)NOVA Textures: Common scenery textures These can be found at some of the more popular flightsim sites.

Guest Heather 636

Well, I know that I have the NOVA textures, and pretty certain about the ASD, the first two I'll have to check on. Thanks Wallace.I'd really like to get Area 51 working, brings back such fond memories. Did i ever tell you about the time I was abducted by . . .oh, never mind. ;)Cheers!Heather

Guest wkzzo

You too? I still have nightmare's

Hi Heather, Which Area51 did you install? I know that there are several versions out there. I am currently using the one that was in beta, which the creator posted a link in sometime ago. I feel this is the best one yet. :)Julian

Guest sbdwag

If you are referring to the GroomLake scenery that I am working on you need ASD2.1 textures installed in your FS2002/texture directory.The scenery is still a work in progress. I'm working on making the trees and lights library objects and I have some issues with the flattening polygon texturing and frame rates. But the scenery is almost done and is available here should you wish to download it.http://my.voyager.net/~sbdwag/gmlake00c.jpghttp://my.voyager.net/~sbdwag/The asd21tex.zip file for the textures is here alsoDennis Waggonersbdwag@voyager.net

Guest Heather 636

The one I have been having trouble with was developed by Jamie Al-Nasir.But, yours looks awfully nice so, if you don't mind, I will take you up on it and download your version.I need it! I keep hearing this little voice saying, "Go home.";)Thanks for the help guys!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Hi Dennis!Okay, I'm an idiot!I downloaded and installed your work. I put the contents of the asd21tex.zip file into the FS2002/Texture folder.Your Groomlake.zip file unzips into a folder called, appropriately, "Groomlake" with the subfolders of Scenery and Texture.This folder I dropped into FS2002/ADDON SCENERY and went through the usual methods of installing from within the sim by selecting from the menu bar, World/Scenery/Add AreaAll the usual windows came up showing it being added but when I try to "Go To Airport" from the menu, I find nothing regarding Groom lake.I think it's in there, but it hasn't heard of the Public Information Act and is still hiding.Any suggestions?Heather

Guest sbdwag

My go to airport shows Groomlake X51 showing up but I may have a old afd file in my scenery. However if you look for a VOR XGM 111.50 about 80 NNW of KLAS you will stumble onto it without any problems.Also If you have FSNAV 4.51 if you update your database you will see the Airport at that location. Either way I will make sure I add some "0ther scenery" for parking areas at Area 51 so you can go there easily. I'll fix this tonight and overright the scenery with the fix later tonight.Take CareDennis Waggoner

Guest Heather 636

Great! I'll look forward to it. Didn't think about my FSNav, I'll run it's compiler and see what happens, or if nothing else, follow your directions. I'd like to see it as your work in that jpg image looks pretty good.Cheers!HeatherP.S.; Don't go to a bunch of trouble on my behalf. It doesn't have to be done tonight, I can wait. But then, don't let me stop you either. ;)Cheers!

That's the one I am using.. Great work Dennis! I'll go download your recent work now. :)

Guest Heather 636

The compound utself looks GREAT! Only I don't think Area 51 is anywhere near White Sands (see accompanying pics).This could very well be on my end for I had not removed my previous installation of the "other" Area 51.I tried going back in and methodically removing each and every individual scenery and texture file that came with that other scenery install. Then I reinstalled yours.If you're not getting any of this, I fear what I may have done when I installed that other one was overwrite the original texture files of files of Airport001.oav, airport002.oav, airport003.oav and concretl.r8.Anyway, seems no matter what I do I have a mess now.So what else is new :(Cheers!Heather