Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

CTD after 800/900 install

Guest frankcubillos

A huge thanks to the PMDG team for this awesome release!After installing the 800/900, FS will crash to desktop (no error given in events log either) when loading the secondary screen (where you pick your plane, flight plan, weather, etc).Deleted the FS9.cfg as recommended in the read me as well. No joy.Thanks again PMDG, you guys are awesome!Frank CubillosFlightSimmer.comProjectAI.comhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest amerton

Frank :From our support page SECTION F - FS9 Lockup / Crash Problems F.1) After Installing the latest version, FS9 occasionally crashes to desktop: During beta testing of this product we were continually installing and uninstalling the software on nearly 45 different machines. Occasionally a beta tester or PMDG team member would report what appeared to be random FS9 crashes that were hard to duplicate.The individual team member was normally plagued by these crashes in spite of the fact that we were unable to duplicate them on other machines.After significant research, we determined that FS9 stores information about save flights in various places, and if this information becomes out-dated (for example, when updating your PMDG 737 from Version 1 to Version 1.2) it may cause FS9 to crash or otherwise appear unstable.To fix this, we have found that the most effective method involved deleting the FS9.cfg file, and any saved situation files involving the PMDG 737. (Especially if they were saved using an earlier version of the 737!)To resolve, the following is recommended:Note: We recommend trying all other resolutions described in this FAQ (F.2, etc) before following the procedure below.1) Open your Windows Control Panel, then select FOLDER OPTIONS.2) Select the VIEW tab, and find "Show hidden files and folders." Select this option.3) Press Okay and close the Control Panel.4) Click on MY COMPUTER.5) Navigate to: C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9AIRCRAFT6) Scroll down until you see three folders related to the PMDG 737s. (There are three folders.)7) In EACH of these folders, delete the state.cfg files located there.Note: This may resolve the lockup/crashing problems for most users. If it does not:8) Back out to C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS99) Delete FS9.cfg and ALL saved flights that were made using the PMDG 737.Note 2: This will solve the problem in nearly all cases. If it does not, then repeat steps 1-9, then:10) Reinstall FS9 over the top of your existing installation. (No need to uninstall.) F.2) As soon as I launch FS, I get an error related to a PMDG livery that I no longer have installed. Then FS crashes: This is happening because you are using a saved situation file to launch FS, and this saved situation was made using a PMDG add-on livery that may have been deleted, uninstalled or over-written when you installed the PMDG 737 again.To solve this situation, delete the saved flight situation by taking the following steps:1) Click on MY COMPUTER2) Navigate to C:Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files3) Delete Any saved flight files (*.FLT) that involve your PMDG 737.4) Re-launch FS9.5) FS9 will complain that it cannot find the airplane, then it will launch into a default menu.6) You can now resave a startup scenario using the airplane of your choice! F3) I am not running WinXP and after installing the 737 my FS installation keeps crashing How do I fix this?: At the conclusion of the installation, a help guide was displayed. This guide contained important information for non WinXP users!Our aircraft uses GDI+, Microsoft's cutting-edge graphics deviceinterface technology available natively only in Windows XP. Suchtechnology can be made available to other Windows operating systems byvisiting the following link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release...releaseid=32738Install GDI+ as per the instructions given. It is preferable that the user installs the redistributable in their Windows system folder, but some users have found that this does not resolve the problem for them.Many users have reported that placing the GDI+ dll in their FS2002 or FS9 default directory resolves the compatibility issue for them.IMPORTANT: The 737NG Software WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY without GDI+ on non- WindowsXP operating systems. close windowDoes this help ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest frankcubillos

A big brownie point for you Anthony! She works like a champ now.Kudos for the quick and friendly support, you guys rock!Frank CubillosFLightSimmer.comProjectAI.comhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest FattyBear

Aren't they awesome? :-lol

Hi Anthony,I'm also having problems and have followed every step above except for reinstalling FS9 (what will happen to all my other add-ons then like Ultimate Traffic, FDC, numerous different scenery add-ons etc?)I have no problem loading FS9 and jump about in the different menus to select my a/c, weather settings, location and so on. The problem is when I press the 'Fly now' button. I get the normal percentage bar saying 'Loading scenery' but it stays at 0% for about 5-10 seconds before I get an error message saying FS9 has crasched and I'm presented by the option whether I would like to restart FS9 (see included screenshots). Also seen in the screenshots when pressing the error details link is that the problem seems to be with 'pmdg_737ng_main.gau'? Can also add to this that it DOES work the first (but only the very first) time after I have deleted my FS9.cfg file. Then as soon as I quit FS9 and restart it I have the very same problem again, ie it only works when I start FS9 with no FS9.cfg file on my system.I'm a very happy customer of yours and I really appreciate your great products, but honestly I don't think asking your customers to wipe their old installations/settings to get your products to work is very suitable.Best regards,

Richard Åsberg

Guest amerton

>I'm a very happy customer of yours and I really appreciate>your great products, but honestly I don't think asking your>customers to wipe their old installations/settings to get your>products to work is very suitable.>>Best regards,Agreed... That's if really nothing else works...I suggest you write to support@precisionmanuals.com with all the necessary details (machine, op sys, language etc. etc.)anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Anthony and thanks for your fast reply!Will try emailing support and hopefully they'll be able to help me out, because I'm very eager to try this new a/c out which I'm sure is even greater than the base 737 :-)Can also add that I took my chances and reinstalled FS9 but still no luck though :-(Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem but glad I'm not the only one ;-) Please let me know if you find out what's wrong and of course I'll will also.All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Hi there,Sent an email but haven't heard from the support yet. As everyone else I'm dying to fly this new bird and I happened to find a temporary solution, it loads OK if I choose any model but the pure 2D model.Usually I only fly the 2D model but considering how great the VC cockpit looks in this release I might start flying in VC instead. And...if I really want the 2D panel I also found that it works if I change to the 2D panel via the Aircraft menu in FS9 after first loading any other model.Like I said, only a temporary solution and I'm looking forward to a reply from the support team but at least I can start flying this stunning new a/c now :D And from what I've seen so far I'm truely amazed, GREAT WORK PMDG!!!Once writing...is it possible to set the Gear in 'OFF' position from the VC? Didn't managed to do that, when trying the result was 'GEAR DOWN' instead.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

OK John, thanks for the info. Any ideas why I'm not able to load the 2D model from start?

Richard Åsberg