Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

Framerate in VC

Guest georg

Hello,Everything goes just fine, but I have little problem with framerate. I dont know how it is with others but anyways it gives around 15-25 fps max in VC here (without Cabin). I have autogen Very dense, but it didnt change much if I decreased it. Usually its about 18 fps. Sometimes it even shows 27 but I dont know how to explain, it like makes some 0.2 sec pauses all th etime when I pan around. It doesnt act like default 737 VC for example. I can understand its more complicated one ofcourse, but I have heard that some have got same good frame with same type PC as I have. Should I get a new GFX card? Though I think its not so bad, the 9500 Pro. Do you have any ideas what should I change or what should I try to do for improving. I even converted the VC textures to DXT1 and it fixed it a little, but not very much. Thanks!!

Guest ha5mvo

Georg,Do the frame rate change in rhythmical fashion?I have this happening now, never had it with the 600/700. The frames seem to change RHYTHMICALLY by +/- 4-5fps, this in turn, induces stutters.Anybody else experiencing anything similar?//Michael

Guest georg

Exactly! I just didnt know how to describe it in english so well :-). I had it with 600/700 too :(. Any ideas??

Guest ha5mvo

Sorry Georg,No solution that I know of. tell me, is it just in the VC? I have it in 2D as well.I didn't have that problem with the 600/700. I came across this phenomenon with PSSs' A340.In spite of all the patchaes the 340 had, none was able to cure this problem.On their forum I (and others who reported a similar problem) were told that this was a "PC specific" problem but no solution was offered.I has to scrape off the 340 from my HDD as it was unflyable.The problem is not as severe in the 800/900 and appears mainly in dense areas where frames drop below 14-15.Does anybody have a clue? PMDG folks?I sure don't want the 800/900 to have the fate of the A340.Thanx//Michael

Guest georg

I have a bit better situation than you have then, Michael. Its flyable in VC, the 900 for example, but yes this little rhytmical slowdown is strange. Mine is 100% fine in 2D and external views. And PSS A340 was also nice, though I dont fly it anymore.Anyways, PMDG, maybe you know something that may help?

Guest ha5mvo

Ok,I managed to partially solve it by giving the sim an abovenormal priority.The frames are still a bit unstable but the high frames largly compensate for this instability.I would still like to hear if others had a similar issue of framerate instability as well.//Michael

Guest georg

Hmm hold on gonna check. Can you also save the priority so it appears next time in same status?

Guest ha5mvo

No, you can't save it, but there's nothing to stop you from writing a little batch file that'll start FS at a higher priority.

Guest georg

Hmm I tried the thing but it doesnt help me out. But I like flying in 2D more with PMDG as I can get more objective view over the systems and better FPS. No need to use VC at all, VC is good with Cessnas and such things.

Michael, just watch for system instability with your priority mod.That mod was mentioned some time ago and some people got into difficulties. I'm not saying everyone will have problems but the potential is there, just so you know.Dave

Guest VanT

Hello,Since FS2004 was released I prefer flying only in clickable VC. I have bought Active Camera 2004 and PSS A330 and I'm very happy with this plane because it runs quite smooth in VC (there are some stutters, but in general framerates are quite acceptable). I have also seen PMDG 737-600/700 which has even better VC and also have very pleasant flight dynamics, but unfortunately runs much slower than PSS airbuses (I was able to see these 2 planes on the same computer once). I think that this is caused by high complexity of its VC (when compare with PSS A330) - there are so many polygons and textures (ex. textures in window panes)... I have also read that VC in 737-800/900 is less complex ("reduced required texture memory and nearly 12000 fewer polygons for improved frame rates") than in 600/700 version. Could anyone of you confirm that 800/900 runs visibly faster in VC than the previous version ? How much difference do you see - 1-3 fps or maybe 7-10 fps ?I'm seriously thinking of buying 737-800/900 but I don't want to fly with 10-12 fps only (it's definitely not the cheapest addon on the market and I don't want to spend my money on the plane I won't be able to fly).PawelAthlon XP2200+, Radeon 9800 Pro, 512 MB RAM