Sign in to follow this  
Guest amerton

just a customer opinion - fs2002 compatibily

Guest amerton

Jens,I'll try to explain so that it makes sense to you.FS2002 is an outdated development platform. There are features we put in the 800-900 for FS9 that cannot be made available in FS2002.As you know, each version of FS comes out with its lot of enhancements, and for a company like ours it's critical to be innovative and not lag behind competition.So the choice is either - Don't develop new features so that we stay compatible - Stay on the edge...The know the path we followed.Hope this makes things clearer. It's not just because we did not want to put the effort in it...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest CaptTate

Suggestion: Buy FS2004Landon

Guest jwende

Anthony,thanks for the quick resposne and your clarification. In case i upgrade to FS2004 sometimes i will defiently buy the 800 series. Until then, i continue with the 700er and i am really happy with it. It is a great product.Have a goog weekend, Jens

Guest georg

Well, we cant say "buy FS2004" as it in most cases means also that buy a new computer that I did. But yes, all things are for corresponding systems, its pretty logical that new addons released work with FS2004, not 2002 anymore.

Guest terryesh

Jens,We are in the same boat with you about the 800/900 being incompatible with FS2002. Our CD copy was purchased 3 weeks ago and there was no mention at the time that the enhancement would require FS9 and/or WINXP. We find it disturbing that the company wasn't forthcoming with the information. Too bad since such inattention to the customer can be damaging to the company.We will continue to enjoy the 600/700 until the bugs are worked out of FS9.Blue skies to you,Terry

Dear Terry-with no disrespect intended, did you ever check our website? This information about the 800/900 models requiring FS9 has been very clearly posted for almost a month and a half now.We pride ourselves in caring for our customers - in fact, we've won numerous awards for customer care, so I personally feel sorry that you hadn't noticed, but there's a limit to how many steps we can take in informing our customers about our intentions.Apropos - I'd really recommend that you give FS9 another chance - most people who have, came back to report that they really hadn't tweaked it enough to make it work properly on their machine.If you don't want to trust my opinion, trust the other forum users. ;-) They overwhelmingly have switched over to FS9...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest falcon99

Terry,Please do check out the other forums. I had to switch to FS9 during the beta. Took me about an hour to get FS9 up and running smoothly including migrating a few add-ons. I spent a lot more time tweaking FS2K2 when it first was released. Give it another try, you won't be disappointed.Georgehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest jwende

Hello PMDG Team,When i bought the basepack for FS2002 a year back, PMDG was always saying that the 800er will be compatible. Just a few weeks ago you guys mentioned that it will be too much effort.To be very honest, as customer i count on your commitment and i don't care much about the effort once you gave the commitment. What option is left for me since i already spent my money ?Did you even consider to make just the models FS2002 compatible and to be able to simply use the 'old' panel.Maybe you think about us FS2002 customers again - in times where we have to take the credit card for almost everything i am close to get out of the flightsimming behind. It is not really fun anymore.Kind Regards, Jens