Sign in to follow this  
kand

V1 engine fail(both engines) twice in row no failures set

Hi againI have experienced 2, 2 engine failures now at V1 ,I havent set any failures and both times have cleared the failures in the pmdg menu (just in case)but it is still happening? I do the normal start procedure and taxi out everything is fine up until V1 when both engines quit and the aural "engine fail" message sounds.It has happened in the britannia -800 old colours at EGJJ . I have looked through the manual but cant see anything that i am not doing,I never had this with the 600/700 is there anything i might be doing wrong? will go back and try again regards keith

Guest amerton

Keith,Tailstrike ? Read Randy's post pinned up the forum.If not, we'll try to explore other possibilities.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Balrog

Had the same thing happen just below V1, but only one engine. No way I could restart the engine, not even using Ctrl+E. Had to reload the aircraft to get both burning again.Only happened once, on my second flight with the -800. Somehow don`t think tailstrike had anything to do with it, hadn`t started rotating.Cheers,Kjell.

hino I dont think it was a tailstrike as i hadnt taken off ,i had just loaded f9 up and was taxiing off the gate,Ive just done another test and could only get 1 engine lit ,the right hand refused to light!I slewed the ac up and tried a single engine landing ,to my surprise on final the left engine gave up on me but then the right engine lit instantaneously!!??? this was straight after the left engine failingI am rebooting flightsim, will see if i can replicate the problem I didnt have any trouble earlier on.Nothing else running,latest fsuipc etc!!thanks keith

Hi keith,I experienced this too. Just re-install the -800/900 package and start with a default plane - i always start with the cessna with engines off. This worked for me...Cheers

Hmmm yes i started from create a flight,does fs9 still have the problem of needing to load a default aircraft? will give that a shot anyway ...cheers keith

>does fs9 still have the problem of needing to load a default aircraft? Maybe not Keith, but i need to do this for other addon aircraft so i just leave it as the startup flight. You may not need to..but re-installing is probably a must - and restarting your PC after install also..Hope this helps.

well its strange but after a reboot all seems ok? going out now so no more playtime,vin will try your suggestion although i think it is turned off allready....thanks for your help chapsRegards keith

Guest Andrea

Mmmmm... also I experienced the two engines failure (cutoff) at V1 but only during the first takeoff after 737 800/900 installation. After this first occurence, without doing nothing more than exit FS2004, restart it and restart the flight, the aircraft is working with no other similar accidents.Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Gents-For us to be able to identify a source- we need more than just a "X happened."Tell us where...Tell us what scenery you are using there.Tell us what you had done before the incident...Give us every shred of information you can- because the reports you are making are not enough information to even begin looking....Thanks!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

HI Guys,Check your "FAILURES" settings under "AIRCRAFT" Menu of FSCOF (Not PMDG's). Then look for the "ENGINES" tab. You'll probably see both engines marked as "FAILED". Just clear the failures and off you go.Regards,Joselito Sousa

"Give us every shred of information you can- because the reports you are making are not enough information to even begin looking...."Sounds like some of the Tech Log entries I read :(UTF on ground check ;-) Cheers.Ian.

Guest BernBear

Ok, it happened to me tooHere's what I did in as much detail as possibleLocation: SBGR (Sao Paulo Interntational Rwy 9L, default scenery)Plane: PMDG 737-800 VARIG wingletsStarted FS9Loaded default flight (Cessna 172)Turned off everything except avionics (as always)Changed to PMDG738 Varig wingletsPerformed standard startup from cold and darkFuel : wing tanks full, center 1000lbCTR fuel pumps off, wing pumps onFlight plan loaded in FMC (SBGR to SBFI Foz do Igua