Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

Some problems occured when flying

Guest georg

Hello,Now I made a complete and realistic flight with it EDDF-LKPR as there is a big flyin today. I arrived nicely :-). Though, I have some questions and any help would be appreciated!1. I found that its better to fly in 2D view as its very nice, instruments are refreshing better and dont have delay like in VC, also its much faster on FPS in 2D. I went to instrument panel menu in FS and I found the second EICAS from there, though I cant find a place where to open it from panel to get it up quickly. Is there any clickspot for this?2. Then, is it normal that when RTO, autobrake disarm light is on all the time? I know that it should go off after 2 secs or so.3. Now something about the FMC. Everything works just fine, though, strange that the speeds are calculated in 900 like it was a 600 or 700. For example, I had almost full pax and a lot of cargo, VR was around 110 kts. And it didnt go to the air very well on that speed. Then, when I choosed the 30 flap VREF, it showed 119 kts for speed. Also, the speed bugs of flaps on speed indicator were on quite slow speeds. I tried to put flaps down regarding to these steps and I got a stall, as I reacted fast I got it out nicely and ATC didnt notice anything, thank god :):). So, whats the thing with the speeds? And I entered correct ZFW, that cant be the issue.4. ACARS - what can I do with it? Have you just simulated the menus or can I connect it to somewhere somehow?Anyways, its the best plane I have ever flown in FS. The lighting and effects and realism is just incredible. And the TCAS is just awesome in VATSIM.Im looking forward to your replies!

Guest Balrog

Hi Georg.Re your questions:2. The autobrake switch is correct now, it will not go to off when airborne, or when coming out of reverse upon landing on the real ship either.3. Those speeds sounds way too low to me. Are you sure you`re not entering weights in kilos while the settings for the aircraft are in lbs? Check the PMDG menu.4. Don`t think too much is working in ACARS, except the event time page, will show you the times for Start taxi - Airborne - Landing and finally parking and shutting down. Great for your loogbook. Don`t know how to reset it for the next leg, thou, will have to find out.Cheers,Kjell.

Guest georg

Oh my god!!!! Ofcourse! I forgot it resetted the PMDG settings! Im sure it was set to LBS and I entered in KGs. Thats the problem. I will try it asap. Thanks for the acars thing! Just some other things are left that I asked :)

HiI'll try to fill in some of the blanks after Kjell answered some of your questions.1. The clickspot for the Lower DU is on the Upper DU. Just right click on the Upper DU and you'll get a pop-up with the Lower DU.2. The AUTOBRAKE DISARM light will light up for two seconds when you choose RTO while testing the circuits. But if it stays lit you have a problem. This is probably caused by you switching to RTO before having enough hyraulic pressure i.e. before you switched on your ELEC HYD pumps. This is as it should be.3. This is not normal. I have had V2 speeds in the 139-150 KIAS range when setting up the FMC in the -800/900. I would check your weights and stuff again. And always crosscheck the figurers given in the FMC towards the tables. Bad input=Bad output ;-)4. As previously announced PMDG will announce the ACARS functionality when they are ready to do so. Hope it helps,

Guest georg

Thanks a lot guys!