Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray51

TCAS

Guest Ray51

how do I turn on the TCAS. The manual doesn't even mention it.

Guest georg

There is a special TCAS manual included. Just open radio panel and turn the TA or TA/RA mode on and there you go. Be sure you are in the MAP mode with EFIS.

Guest Ray51

where do I find the TCAS manual. I did not see one included with the PMDG manual in the PMDG folder

Chapter 09 Automated flight and TCAS. Should be in your PMDG737TNGAircraft Operating Manuals 737-800-900 folder.Hope it helps,

Guest Jeffreymg

I just did a flight from KORD to KDEN and the tcas is not working as far as I can see.The switch would not move to test as the manual says and I never saw any traffic which was very heavy in DEN or heard any warnings.I was in map mode with EFIS working.Any Ideas on whats wrong?I was flying online with Vatsim. JeffG

Guest Art Vandalay

You have to press the TFC-Button which is located on the knob where you switch the nd-range

Guest Ray51

In my aircraft I seem to have to have the ECIS on expanded mode also

Guest Jeffreymg

I had the tfc pushed and was in expanded mode still does not work. JeffG

Guest ilh

Radio panel: transponder to TA/RA.EFIS control panel: TFC button pressed.EFIS control panel: map mode, range 10-80nm or so.You should see a blue TA ONLY along the left middle of the map. Once you climb above about 1000' AGL, it should switch to TFC.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Slow down there Jeff! Just like the REAL TCAS you cannot TEST while AIRBORN! I really suggest you locate your manual so you won't get frustrated. Lee explained the basic usage in his post.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Lenny Zaman

Hey Randy, i got the plane as early as i could lay hands on my dad's visa ;)must say i'm amazed by the code smoothness improvementeverything works 'smooth'.did not that the armed spoilers didn't deploy upon landing(manually) and this on a short field... made me sweat to see the thresshold come closer :sbut the flight after that one the spoilers did deploy correctly.so i'm guessing i mistakenly put the spoilers into DOWN detent for some reason... the TCAS works fine, on my first offline test, i was landing 06 at EHAM, just behind a departure of a heavy(got a little wake, not much though) and it's nice to be on finals having a TCAS diamond(filled) pop up on the ND :)as for the online flight, did't see any traffic yet: solution = go fly in a more densely populated area ;)Must say this was worth the wait fellows.One note though, i'm not able to locate the TCAS manual either, though i allready know the operation(due to using Lee's TCAS earlier on) i still need to get acquainted(spelling?) with the concept of RA :)Another thing is i cannot seem to find references to the operation of the ACARS, and it's purpose in the entire event? Care to shed some info on that?ThanksCheers

Hey Lenny ;-) Make SURE your throttles are AT idle on TD! ANY movement will not deploy them. There is no ACARS on this bird (yes one can look at the pages but that is it) look for a announcement later on about ACARS. The TCAS manual is in chapter 5 I think? I have not looked myself..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest jeffg

Randy, I was testing the tcas on the ground and the switch will not go all the way to the left for the test position.BTW is your tutorial still valid with the 800900 series? JeffG

Ah I never wrote one Jeff maybe you are thinking of our man Fred? How is the test working now? It takes a few seconds before it starts...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Lenny Zaman

for the test, look at your ND, you'll see some symbols appearing, and a few seconds later you'll hear: 'TCAS test completed' or something like that... (my experience n e way)Randy,yes that must have been it, stupid of me to forget such basic things, but i think it was related to the turbulence created by a 'heavy' cumulus over the rwy at 2k ft..., i had suddenly lost a serious amount of airspeed, so i added throttle a bit and forgot to idle again on TDman this is a nice bird!!!Cheers