Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray51

TCAS

Guest jeffg

Randy, I got the test switch to work but I flew from LAX to SFO and had the tfc on and I the range was set to 40 miles heard traffic but no symbols on the tcas at all.The switch was set to tara on transponder.I was in a desend and had the toggle switch set to below. Jeffg

Guys,When flying online at networks like VATSIM, do I need AIBridge to display the traffic? The manual does not mention it but I hear some people saying that AIBridge is needed.Regards,Mark Jansen

Guest Lenny Zaman

affirm!

Guest jeffg

I had my settings for FSUIPC and was online with Vatsim and was running AIBridge.I was vectored for traffic and heard traffic on the speaker but nothing showed up on the tcas.I went back in and set up for AI Traffic and went to LAX with alot of ai traffic showing up,setting FS internal.I loaded up and nothing on tcas,all my settings are right as far as I can see. JeffG

Jeff,One thing that I thought you maight want to check.Check your settings in the PMDG|Styles menu under various. Do you have the checkbox "Show non-threatening traffic" checked or un-checked?. Maybe you have it unchecked and despite it being busy none of the a/c was actually considered a threat by the TCASII system?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73155.jpgHope it helps,

Guest jeffg

The manual says that if non-threating traffic is checked all traffic will show up,but I have that boxed checked and nothing is showing up.I am also have alot of small problems that is not part of tcas so I might uninstall and reinstall and see what happens. JeffG

Hi George,It works now for me too with FS2004 internal setting, however I can see my own aircraft constantly also as a yellow symbol, accompanied by the message "traffic" displayed on the right of the map display. Do you guys have the same?Regards,Mark Jansen

Guest 737400

Hi Mark,Yes you will see at when you are flying vatsim, me too the reason been is that when you are using sbrelay will open add you multiplay and also sb it self will add you to your own multiplay that is why no error on this, ones you are airborne you wont see that anymore.Hasanhttp://www.flythy.com/images/banner.jpg

Guest rvdlaak

>I had the tfc pushed and was in expanded mode still does not>work.> JeffGHi JeffG,I had a similar problem with this, and I found that I had to set my TCAS setting in the PMDG menu to use FS2004 and not FSUIPC. once that changed - all the aircraft around me popped up nicely. not really sure why - but I am happy with it, and use it in that mode both online and offline.hope this helps,cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Hasan,I use FSUIPC and AIBRIDGE and I don't see myself on TCAS try that out. It works great for me. Jeff,The TCAS will not display traffic that is on the ground the traffic has to be in the air for you to see it. Also when you are climbing put it in the above position. Cruise normal position, and descent below position.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Yes Mark, I can see myself as well. There is a patch coming to fix this issue.

Guest TrafficTraffic

You can try the TCAS2v7.dll contained in my 767PIC TCAS IVSI package called ILH_TCAS_v4.zip in the AVSIM library.It should do a better job at filtering out self.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)