Sign in to follow this  

OT ,,just wonder why...

Sometimes http://www.btinternet.com/~logead.uk/1/screenie.jpgI get the forum posts listed unorderly as on the right hand column on the jpeg.It seems to happen if i revisit a long and still growing thread, there must be a technical explanation.LogBah ! edits to get this picture thingy right :)

The numbers are the 'message number'. If somebody repies to a message higher up in the thread, you will see a low number (the earlier message) followed by a high number. The numbers are chronological, but their place order in the thread depends on which message someone 'replies' to. :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Loggy!Yeah, confused me for a little while too when I first came here but then it registered.If you will look at the bottom of EACH and EVERY post and response, you will see that you can reply to it.If you click on the "Reply" in the "Original" post, then yours will be at the bottom, after everyone elses.However, perhaps someone may have responded in such a way that you wish to respond to them rather than the original "Poster." THEN, you would click on the "Reply" at the bottom of THAT post rather than the original or one at the top. That way, your response would get located just below the post you were responding to rather than all the way at the bottom.There! Did I confuse you enough?Cheers!Heather

So if i reply to myself it'll look like that and other people wont know what we're on about !.....and if ive read a long thread and someone replies to an early post i have to watch the numbers to see where the new reply went.Got it, Thanks.Log :-)Ah i see now ...