Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Trim sound, and other Question!

First off, the new 800/900 is splendid!Now, is there a way to disable the sound when trimming up/down?Also, everytime I hit fly now, will the Updating/Uploading AIRAC database (in FS, the red outlined PMDG box) do that everytime!Thanks again, and lovely product!

Hi,Sigh. First you guys wnat the whole shebang. And when the PMDG guys put it in you want to get rid of it??? The NG cockpit is not a nice and silent office you know... ;-) Just kiddin'I'm not sure but you may try the Sounds alternatives in the PMDG|Styles menu.Regarding the AIRAC updating. This is necessary everytime you load a NG model. It was loaded all the time from release 1 as well, but now the window is there to remind you to wait for a while until all the nav data is loaded into the FMC.Hope it helps,

Thanks for the fast reply! I looked in the Sounds menu, but I don't want to turn all of it off. I was hopin there was a way to do it in the panel or air cfg.As far as the AIRAC, that's cool, I understand now.This is an AWESOME product!Thanks again!

Guest Art Vandalay

You could just rename/move/alter the following files in your FS9/Sound/PMDG folder:PMDG_Trim.wavPMDG_TrimDown.wavPMDG_TrimUp.wav

I have to agree that the trim sound is a bit overdone. Anyone know how to tone it down a bit?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Have you ever heard the real trim sound bob on an NG? Granted sounds out of a desktop sim can get a bit nagging but the real bird you cannot even hear yourself think! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest JDiaz

Agree with Randy, the 737NG cockpit is definetely sound filled and the trim sound is accurate. Of course, we didn't have that sound till now in the sim so maybe it just takes some of you time to get used to it, but it IS realistic and SHOULD be there.Jason Diaz

Just wait till everyone is on a DUAL APPROACH and **just like the real aircraft** you get AUTOTRIM at 400'!!! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest laplana

I have the same problem and I did try to rename the sound files in the sound folder but after that everytime I started the FS9 flight sim and selected a PMDG aircraft, myu flight sim stopped. What can I do. Thanks for your help. This product is fantasticAlain

Guest JF737WN

Renaming the files should do the trick. If not, try moving them to another folder thats not in the Sounds folder. That might work too :) ALWAYS BACK UP FILES.Also: I'm going to have to agree with everyone on the trim sounds. Even on the ground, the cockpit of an NG is no quiet place!

Guest bobsk8

I had saved a PMDG flight months ago, and was using it as a start flight for awhile. Something was apparently corrupt in the save file since my trim sound would not work 90% of the time. This really bothered me as I wanted to hear when and if the trim was working. I finally figured out what was wrong, and my trim sound has worked ever since :)