Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

AFCAD gates question....why 1 terminal?

i've installed several AFCAD files to make my airports a little more crowded and/or to have them use multiple runways. i've discovered that at 2 of the airports (KDEN and KMIA) the readme says it adds LOTS of gates, yet at my airport i only see AI planes around 1 terminal?in my KDEN, i only see aircraft at the northern most terminal complex, and at KMIA i only see aircraft around the northeastern terminal and 3 heavies at the next terminal west of there. has anyone experienced this? any solutions? maybe a re-install of the AFCAD files?thxchris

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Some AFCAD airports are actually two or more airports one on top of others. This allows the use of muliple runways, certain airlines going to their real life gates, etc. Check the readme, if these are in fact layered airports, then some TTools work will be needed to "open" kup the other terminals.:-outtaJeff "Ace" Frey

Jeff...thanks. i'll have to check the readme more carefully. i know what your talking about as i have a few airports setup like that. i have no idea why i didn't think about that for these 2 airports.brainlock, most likely.chris

Chris, When you use AFCAD verion 1.2.2 you can randomize the gates/parking area aircraft go to first. otherwise if you leave it the way you designed it or someone else has deisgned the the parking aircraft will park according to the parking order you already have. open you airport, click on parking the click on randomize, save the airport restart FS2002 and this should do it for you Jorge

i'll give that a try too. actually, i'll have to make sure i'm on v1.2.2.i reinstalled both files and now Denver looks normal. UA's everywhere. Miami hasn't changed....still bare over 3/4's of the airport. thx again.