Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

800/900 VNAV problem:-(

Guest Valid_Andy

Hey guys,I bought the 800/900, and I am pritty much happy with the product, the FDE seems to be more realistic in an area I wasn't happy with on the 600/700, AOA on final approach. Other than that, I love the new panel backgrounds.I do have 1 major problem though, on climb out, VNAV follows the path, but doesn't control speeds like it used to, ie set speeds to the flap speeds:S secondly, before descent, I lower the MCP alt, as I am supposed to do, but the aircraft does not begin decending when I pass over the t/d point...or at all. Do any of you guys have any idea why? The scale for how far under/above the path I am comes on, on the ND, and the readout in the DES page in the FMC, but it doesn't fly it. I'm running FS9, Windows XP Pro.Another problem I have is that I can deploy the spoilers with both '/' and my joystick button config for spoilers, but they will not retract with it. I have to manually retract them using my mouse on the spoiler lever on the padestral. 'Ctrl + /' also no longer arms the spoilers. I'm not so bothered about arming the spoilers, its the retracting them, it's incredibly annoying when it takes about 45seconds to retract the spoilers after use using my mouse, as they need to be dragged all around before they will retract.So far I am happy with the product, just have to get used to a few things...but I'd be really happy if someone would help me, these bugs are rather annoying:(Keep up the complex work PMDG:)

"I do have 1 major problem though, on climb out, VNAV follows the path, but doesn't control speeds like it used to, ie set speeds to the flap speeds" Sure it does, what exactly? It keeps you UNDER the MAX flaps which is 250 knots for flaps 5! In a flaps 5 to you set flaps 1 once you REACH V2 + 15. Anyways there are many ways but most real pilots do not turn on VNAV prior to flaps retraction! How else are you going to do noise procedures? But even if you do the aircraft will NOT overspeed! Remember 250 limit on flaps 5."secondly, before descent, I lower the MCP alt, as I am supposed to do, but the aircraft does not begin decending when I pass over the t/d point...or at all. Do any of you guys have any idea why?" No not without you EXACT route to know since it works here everytime with no issues. I just flew to LAS from KSAN and it was perfect. I screenshot at the moment this happens would also help."Another problem I have is that I can deploy the spoilers with both '/' and my joystick button config for spoilers, but they will not retract with it. I have to manually retract them using my mouse on the spoiler lever on the padestral. 'Ctrl + /' also no longer arms the spoilers." This has been worked on. Here you go Set to ARM manually move with throttle quadrant, they MOVE very easy and qiuck to ARM, there is no need to move them to deploy, see next. TO use for descent just hit /. Here is the cool part, after you deploy them on descent simply hit SHIFT / and they will GO BACK to ARM or whatever you had them at BEFORE you moved the lever. Do not arm them for takeoff, nobody arms them for takeoff, not that you have just in case you were not aware.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Valid_Andy

Thanks for the quick reply Randy...The flaps thing...Sorry, definitly my fault! I was just using what I had learnt in the 700, it seemed to go to the speed of the next flap retraction...my fault...shows my lack of knowledge on this aircraft:9I'll fly again tommorow, too late now, and I'll take a picture if it doesn't work, but out of the 3 times I tried it didn't start, but it was all the same flight plan...I will try a different one tommorow.I'll try what you say about the spoilers tommorow, i'm guessing it was another of my stupid errors / lack of knowledge!Sorry to of posted that message like that, I should of looked into it more! Obviously I have to study harder:D Thanks for the help, I'll try it tommorow:)

Hey Andy try to see where your TOC of TOD are on the PATH. If they overlap you can have issues so use the MAP MODE with the LEGS page open >STEP PROMPT to review your route etc.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Valid_Andy

Sure, I'll have a look, but I seem to remember they were seperate...Also, in your first answer many pilots dont use VNAV in departure etc...so what do they use? LNAV/HDG and LVL change? Or just anything that does. I currently don't use any ATC...and don't have many charts as my printer is broken - So I just fly the LNAV + VNAV paths manually...

Guest georg

>Sure, I'll have a look, but I seem to remember they were>seperate...>>Also, in your first answer many pilots dont use VNAV in>departure etc...so what do they use? LNAV/HDG and LVL change?>Or just anything that does. I currently don't use any>ATC...and don't have many charts as my printer is broken - So>I just fly the LNAV + VNAV paths manually...Pretty often they fly manually during the climbout procedure and till flaps retraction.

Guest Valid_Andy

Great, thanks Georg!

Ok you want what I do most of the time for practice? * At V2 +15 set flaps to 1 (if flaps 5 TO config) for flaps 1 see below Climbout v2 + 20+ 400' select LNAV 3000 AGL set bugs up speed retract flaps Engage VNAV[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Valid_Andy

Great thanks Randy, so I'm correct in thinking flaps 1 is set before 400feet? You have posted a lot for me today, and I am thankful, so if you don't post I'll assume I understood correctly!Thanks for all the help guys, sorry to annoy you all

Yes this is only concerned with SPEED. Some companies allow flaps retraction to 1 from 5 at V2 + 15. SO altitude makes no difference here. Although some airfields require different but this is with no ATC so have at it ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Valid_Andy

Ah yes, never fought about that. Just sounded weird to me, ok thanks for the feedback - learn't more tonight than I have in about 3 months!