Sign in to follow this  
Guest dghart

Annoying sounds from PMDG 737 800/900

Guest dghart

Okay, I am getting a really annoying clicking sound when I first power up the 737. ????

Guest dghart

>You must sign your posts with your real name in the PMDG>forum according to PMDG forum guidelines pinned at the top of>this forum.>>Vin>PMDG>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgDave HartThanks for telling me that promptly...thanks for the help...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:Sounds like the normal electrics sound to me. That's what it sounds like.Daniel P.

Guest dghart

Daniel, how do I turn it off? If it sounds like this all the time I will quit reading the manual and figure out I wasted 62 dollars and a day of my time.

Guest Lenny Zaman

what kind of clicking do you mean?a buzzing sound or really 'nasty' clics?are the engines running or not? if yes, go check the setting in your sound settings and make sure it's not too high try reducing quality and see if it goes away.Cheers

Guest dghart

>what kind of clicking do you mean?>a buzzing sound or really 'nasty' clics?>are the engines running or not? if yes, go check the setting>in your sound settings and make sure it's not too high try>reducing quality and see if it goes away.>CheersI checked, it was high, I reduced it, it's still there. It's an annoying click (nasty), buzzing I can handle but this is enough to make me forget using this aircraft...Dave Hart

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Dave:If it's indeed the electrics, I have an alternate sound file you can use that should deal with it. Do you have any instant messenger we can communicate through?PS - Just to confirm. Go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Soundpmdg737tng and open PMDGelectrics.wav. Is that the sound you mean?Daniel P.

Guest dghart

YepDave Hart

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Ok. Contact me over IM (info available on my profile) and we'll see if we can get that WAV replaced with something more pleasant.Daniel P.

Guest dghart

I don't use any IM's. I don't trust them...dghart@hotmail.com will work with a file attach. Dave Hart

Guest Daniel Pimentel

You've got mail. :)Daniel P.

Hello Dave, Our forum has rules to which out of repect we expect new users to spend a minute reading, you can find it here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2402&page= This is nothing personally sir since everyone is asked to comply (including me years ago) and in this way we know who we are talking with, it's a more personal thing and then help will come. As for your noise problem, I can think of 2 things, namely1] You are not aware of the real NG's sounds like the stby altimeter's *ticking* and other sounds. These were included with help from our real world drivers and are accurate, if anything they are NOT as loud as the real aircraft. BUT if you bringup the FS taskbar/PMDG/STYLES menu you will find a SOUND option to lower or remove most all the sounds. You can also go to the overhaed and turn off the REC FAN.OR2] you own o soundblaster Live typ of card and have a loud static noise. If this is the case you must download the newest soundblaster ref drivers from :www.soundblaster.com[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest dghart

Thanks for the reply, please understand my frustration at first firing this thing up...I will try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks for the help...