Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

User having installation problems....

Title edited for appropriateness.... -RSRHi All and PMDG Team,I hate to start with it, but I guess it is time again to focus in one thread what is not going so well and how to solve these problem.For the Developer PMDG ONE thread is better and easier to keep an eye uppon it.Here I start, but that's not the first problem customers have...I downloaded it and even though I had the PMDG 737NG 600/700 installed long befor, the installer of 800/900 was NOT able to see this and install. Now, it showed me there must be an error!Ok, now I had a backup of my liveries and theh aircraft.cfg about the livery entries. And of course a backup of the original B737NG 600/700 installer file and the update.So I installed them over again, installed the update and now the upGrade the -800/900. After that at last I installed all the livers for 800/-900.Very well, why should I wait flying now? The installer told me to restart by PC, but WHY? I run WinXP and XP doesnt need this so often, so I gave it a try right away!Well, that didnt work well! Within the process of uodating the FMC Database with this new window within FS9, the PMDG Boeing froze and I had to quit and exit FS9 manualy. It didnt even crash to desktop, It just gave my HDD a BIG job and than stopped.Ok, I thought, maybe I have to reboot my Windows PC, so this copyright software can do whatever it needs to do. BUT my Firewall ZoneLab is ON all the time... I dont know if that has anything to do with it...?After I rebooted, I tried it again!IT DIDNT WORK! FS9 froze and I had again manualy close it!What to do now????Shell I reinstalled it all over again? WHY? What could have gone wild???

Sorry you are having some issues but there is no ***BUGS*** that I can see. Do you have version 1.3 installed? Here is what I would do. Use the remover tool. Manually remove ANY files left over like your 800-900 aircraft folders. Re-install the FULL 1.3. Then install 800-900 upgrade. Works here everytime, been doing it all DAY and also have windows XP Pro, 1.3 FULL.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Fjorko

Mine installed Fine - no problems !Only thing i seem to have a problem with, is the arming of the Speedbrakes with "/+ SHIFT", the green light don't seem to want to eluminate. You have to arm the brakes with the mouse.I Did an autolanding tonight as well and the Spoilers did not deploy on touchdown either !The MCP buttons (double orange dots) seems a bit "Dull" during daytime, in the evening it is quite bright and realistic ( Fantastic panel at night !!! ) - can the button lights be brightened up a bit for the daylight panel ?Other than that all seems Great !Thanks for the 800/900 !Cheers

Well, than it should be ERROR OR BUg REPORT as Titel.Now I waited 'till the error message comes:"A fatal error ocurred.AppName: fs9.exeModName: pmdg_737ng_main.gau"

Guest FattyBear

Well, I found a bug. If you take the SPD REF knob and flip it to "W/T", and are using the PDF/ND mode, most of the PFD components disappear. I never use the knob anyway so it doesn't matter much.

TAH,I hate to say this, but so far I have not encounted any "bugs", my install when flawless. Now I know this does not help "you", but I saw some wierd things that you did. First, I installed over V1.3, which was clean. I am running WinXP Pro, with all the updates from MS.Next I installed the 800/900 right over my PMDG v1.3, when it asked me to re-boot after the installation, I did that and everything worked just as it was supposed to.My feeling is that you tried to "short cut" the last portion of the install and that may have been your problem.Bob

Yes that IS a bug. Well we have the correct functions for the EFIS though! (why it was touched in the first place) and seems that one little item got by... Lk?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Torben-THe problem you are having is related to your FS9 Installation not having a proper key index within your windows registry....It is NOT related to the PMDG airplane, except that the PMDG airplane is unable to locate your FS9 setup correctly....If you are comfortable editing your registry- then fix the registry entry so that it points to the correct location for FS9. (Note to all others: Don't try this unless you know what you are doing.... Also- if you change the name/location of your FS9 installation- and you don't update your registry...you are going to have future troubles!)If your FS9 registry key is correct, AND you have V1.3 of the 737 installed- the 800/900 will run without a hitch...Once the proper location has been found, the installer will work without any problems.... as others have pointed out...Hope that helps you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com