Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Question about the Fire Switch.. For the PMDG Gents

Hey guys! How's my favorite design team? :-) First of all I want to say thank you for all the hard work the team (Beta Team too) has put into this jet. She's a beauty, and my jet of choice in the sim world. :-cool What can I say? I own all the PMDG aircraft.. even the FLY! series! :-)As far as the question.. I set myself up with an engine fire just for grins. I got the bell and the light as I would expect. Now all us aviation types know, that the next step would normally be to take the affected throttle to cutoff as this is the fastest way to shut the engine down. However, in my own curiosity I wanted to see if the fire switch would shut it down as it would in real life. (Essentially the engine runs until the fuel in the lines from the top of the strut down is gone) But, pulling up on the Fire switch (It did come up) did not shut down the engine. (This was done with #2) However once I shut it down manually I was able to fire the bottle. Have I come across something thats not working as intended? Or was this not possible within the confines of MSFS? (No suprise there! :-lol ) Anything else a professional aircraft systems geek like me should know? :-hah This question is really just for my curiosity as if you follow the abnormal procedure for an Engine fire you wouldn't encounter this. -Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief) Jason.Peters@cox.netPS- One more question... I remember back around the initial release of the 600/700 it had been said that you intended to produce the BBJ also. Is that still planned? I'd really like to see this plane taken as far as it can go within the confines of MSFS. It's already downright amazing! PMDG 737 is Level D... 'D' for desktop! :-lol

On behalf of the embarrassed beta team.....Yep, we missed it.Unless of course you had no electrical power whatsoever... including a flat main battery and backup battery??? :-)Cheers.Ian.

Ian, :-lol No such luck Ian, I had power from the #1 Gen, so the inverters had power, and the Batt's were good anyway. Not sure exactly how the electrical system is hooked up on this jet, but I'm pretty sure that means they had power. ;-) Good thinking though! :-hah No reason to be embarrased though, its minor. Like I said if you follow the checklist for an engine fire you won't even encounter this. It has you shut down the engine with the engine start lever first. The team really did a great job. This is by far the most complex plane I've ever seen developed for the home desktop. Be Proud! :-) Hmmm... I think I'll go digging through the rest of the basic systems... No telling what else the 'mechanics' might have left unconnected. :-lol -Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief) Jason.Peters@cox.net