Sign in to follow this  

HSI heading problem? on F50 panel by Espen Oijordsbakke

Can someone point me in the right direction here or explain why their is such a difference on the HSI heading indicators between the default aircraft and the F50 panel?When I load up FS2002 with the default B737, on runway 36 (approach course of 002), the HSI heading indicator shows a heading of 001. When I load up the F50 panel, on the same runway, my heading is 008. As you can see, both aircraft are lined up with the runway, but both show different headings? Is this a bug, do I have something not set correctly on the F50 Panel?Thanks..

I don't have gyro drift enabled (no x in the box).Even if I did have it enabled, the pictures shown above were taken right after loading FS2002 on the active runway..Thanks

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Also forgot to mention, but pressing the "D" key has no effect.

I've also just noticed that the RMI gauge displays the correct heading, but the HSI does not. Maybe the HSI guage has a bug?

Depending on what airport you go to the problem only gets worse.In this picture the heading of the aircraft is 160 degrees. The RMI indicates this, but the HSI indicates 179 degrees.

Guest bartels

Have you tried an European (e.g. German) airport? If the roses are aligned it might be a case of showing magnetic and true heading (the magnetic deviation in Germany is almost 0).Arne Bartels

I'm not sure, as I don't have access to FS at the moment, but I seem to remember, the old version of the panel had an option of choosing between true and magnetic heading (Check somewhere along the radio settings). I'll have a look later tonight, and report back.Cheers,Gosta.

Gentleman, I think you're right here. The HSI must be displaying true, instead of magnetic. At Frankfurt Main, the magnetic heading of the aircraft is 071, and the HSI displays 069.My next question however, where do you switch it to magnetic? I've read the manual over twice, and have looked everywhere for it. Don't remember this problem in FS2000 days..If anyone knows where on Earth 0 degrees magnetic variation exists, let me know, and I'll go there to confirm this is my problem...

Well, I found 0 degrees magnetic on FS2002, and yes the RMI, red hdg numbers, and HSI line up exactly. So, the HSI is displaying true, instead of magnetic. Just gotta find out how to switch the HSI over to magnetic...Gotta love this panel...

bump.... How do you make the HSI display magnetic headings instead of true? Thanks

Right here at AVSIMFile name: ef50v30.zip

OK... I've been in contact with Espen, and this HSI heading issue is a bug. It will be fixed in a update sometime soon.... :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy