Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

Traffic on the ground

Guest Fjorko

Why can i not see traffic whilst sitting on the ground ?I set TCAS to TA and TA/RA, but non of the modes seems to show traffic on the ground. Is this by design ? or am i doing something wrong ?Thanks

Guest tmetzinger

>Why can i not see traffic whilst sitting on the ground ?>>I set TCAS to TA and TA/RA, but non of the modes seems to show>traffic on the ground. >>Is this by design ? or am i doing something wrong ?>>ThanksCheck your setting in the PMDG->>styles-->>options...It defaults to FSUIPC, which is great if you're a vatsimmer or using external traffic generators. If you've got INTERNAL traffic generators (MyTraffic2004 for example), you need to change this setting to FS2004 internal.

Guest Marc Harrington

This is the real behavior. You should NOT have TCAS on when still on the ground. Just imagine the havoc it would cause in the cockpit when taxiing at a busy airport.

Guest Fjorko

Thanks Tim - i seeSo it's FSUIPC for Vatsim etc. and FS2004 if you feel like flying alone ! :)

Guest Fjorko

OK OK i see your point ! LOL !!!! :)

Guest ilh

No. It does not have to be that way. For Squawkbox traffic (e.g., VATSIM), you will be using SBRelay which injects traffic into the MP session. With the FS internal option, TrafficInfo.dll will provide this MP traffic to the TCAS processing just fine. With the FSUIPC option, you need to also run AIBridge to inject MP traffic into FSUIPC. As you can see, using FS Internal eliminates the need for AIBridge. When SB3 eventually comes out, it will inject high-quality traffic into FSUIPC (without the need for AIBridge), and then the FSUIPC option will likely yield superior (smoother) traffic.It is intentional that traffic on the ground is not displayed. The rationale is that traffic on the ground generally is squawking standby and not visible. It would cause quite a clutter to see lots of aircraft on the ground that is not a threat.While you are on the ground, if you put the transponder in TA or TA/RA and TFC is pressed on the EFIS control panel, you should see a blue TA ONLY on the map. You should see airborn traffic while you are on the ground. You might see (yellow) TAs if you are parked near a runway with landing traffic, but you will not get an aural alert blow about 500' AGL. You will not get any (red) RAs if you are below about 1000' AGL.Lee Hetherington (KBED)