Sign in to follow this  
Guest Exu

800/900 Landing lights

Guest Exu

Hi;Flying with the 800/900 I noticed that at night, sometimes the landing lights are not visible. (Hardware lights set to 8)This is the scenario, I takeoff from CYYZ runway 6L, Landing lights on ( I see them) climb to 5000, landing lights still on, come around to land on 6L, no more landing lights! I check on the overhead panel, and the landing light switch is still on but I don't see them.Is this a known bug or is it at my end. ThanksEric St-Louis

Guest Exu

>Sounds like something on your end, eric. Any addon scenery? >Do you have "landing lights" checked under>options>display>aircraft?>>>Vin>PMDG>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgWow, that was fast, Vin!No scenery, just FsGenesis Landclass and Mesh. "landing lights" ARE checked under >options>display>aircraft.If I reload the aircraft they come back on, FYI.ATI 9800 pro with cat 4.4 drivers.Eric St-Louis

Guest amitpeer

Same problem here.Departed LGAV (737-800) - everything was OK (taxi/landing lights) when landed at LGRP - no taxi/landing lights.Some more details:1. It was OK with the 700 version (didn't try it after the upgrade)2. "landing lights" are checked under >options>display>aircraft.3. ATI 9700 with cat 4.4 driversExcluding that problem - and even including that problem that upgrade is very close to prefection.Thanks,Amit Pe'er

Guest Darren Howie

Hi GuysSame problem here.Take off was fine with all lights working.For landing lights selected on but no visible landing lights.The Landing lights whee extended on the model but not illuminated.Also on a side issue with just the taxi light turned on the rwy turn off lights also illuminate.Also are the internal dome and instrument lights independent as i get a great dome light when selected in the VC but only the instrument lights in the 2D pit.Thans for the excellent job on the 800 she's a ripper.Take careDarren

Guest hardhit

Hi guy's,Same problem for me. Departed EGKK yesterday evening taxi and landing lights ok. Arrived at Brussels No landing and taxi lights.Regards,Peter

Guys - This was seen in the beta as well. But we were unable to reproduce it thus we didn't manage to find anything at fault. I run with a geForce FX5600 Ultra and I saw some of the above posters run ATI cards so I don't think this is a driver issue.I've opened up the bug report again so lets wait and see what we can do ok?Cheers,

Guest Exu

Hi Goerge;I don't think it's a cat 4.4 driver problem, as I have no problems with other aircrafts, and didn't have any problems with the 600/700.I haven't flown the 600/700 since the 800/900 upgrade so will do that and post here later.By the way, this is intermittent (sp?), doesn't happen all the time.This is still the best aircraft for FS2004!Eric St-LouisP4C800-E Dlx., P4 3.0 Ghz. 1GB ram, Ati 9800 pro.(4.4)

Guest Dash8driver

I'm having the same problem only I'm getting no landing or taxi lights at any given time. Ryan

Guest Benjamin

Hi everyone: First thank you PMDG for such a fine plane - just great! I too have the problem to land in the dark. I tried several situations to find out wether it happens only on one occasion or not - no landing or taxi lights... I installed the latest nvidia-drivers and checked all the appropriate options within fs9. seems to be one minor bug in this very complex plane. Thank god we still have the autoland function fully implemented and some torches on the runway here in Switzerland ;-)Cheers from LSZHBenjamin

Guest georg

I have seen issues with other planes that maybe FS default battery goes low and then it will extuinguish the default systems, for example lights. Try setting the battery key and gen key, then press them and see if they come on.

Guest N1152S

I've got the same deal here as well, I'm running an ATI 9700pro with catalyst 4.4. It seems to be kinda hit or miss but its such a small bug in such a kick butt plane that it almost doesn't even matter. Thanks for a great plane!

Guest ha5mvo

Yes, it's not just the guys with the radion. I can report a simolar problem on my Nvidia G4 Ti4200.Would have been nice to have them, but this issue is by no means a biggie!cheers//Michael

Guest Darren Howie

Hi GuysAny word form PMDG on this one.Seems a lot of people are having to land in the dark as Landing lights are not working for landings.ANy idea's on a fix yet?Darren