Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

For those who responded to the pacific northwest mesh ?

Thanks so much for everyones for taking the time out of their day/evening to do so. Derek,Steve,Heather and Justin thank you very much. I did learn that not all mesh is the same. I thought if it was 30m it was all the same. These pictures proved they are not. I was most interested in Steves as the raised side of the airport (highway) is correct and the other side does flatten in real life. So this is much more to the real thing than what I am using now.Hey steve? Could I have a sample(-:Thanks again you guys. I love this place!!!!!RegardsBobG

Guest Heather 636

You are most welcome Bob. With all of the help and assistance I have received here, I just wouldn't feel right with myself if I ignored a post where I knew I could help, even if in just a small way.And yes! Steve! What mesh is that you're using again? Where does one get it?Cheers!Heather

Guest sgreenwood

You're welcome Bob.It is always valuable to get feedback on the accuracy of the mesh when compared with the real world. Of, course, a brief look at the aerial photo shows there is still a long way to go!I can not normally honor requests for mesh files, but it is a holiday, and an expression of appreciation for the great job done by our friends in Redmond is well deserved, so I have uploaded the mesh data for the Seattle/Redmond area to the AVSIM File Library this morning. Enjoy, and have a great 4th of July! :-coolStevewww.fs-traveler.com

Guest Heather 636

Steve, you are an absolute sweetheart! Thank you!Also took a look at your new site. Looking forward to seeing what you'll have to offer.While I'm here, I have a question of curiosity that perhaps you can answer.There's a LOT of people who do not have credit cards, for whatever number of reasons. When I've got the money to spend, I often shop for things through eBay auctions where PayPal, amongst other electronic banking methods, are often readily accepted. So far, I have never had a problem using it. I have often wondered why very few businesses use this method for payment.Again, just a question of curiosity. It would make it easier for a lot of people who would otherwise shop online but currently don't for lack of a credit card.Any opinion? Sincerely,Heather

Guest Heather 636

Umm, Steve?I couldn't find it. :(re: Seattle/Redmond area To narrow my search, what is the filename?Thanks.Heather

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Heather,The uploads usually take a day to be processed and added to the library. Maybe tomorrow. Sorry! (The filename is fst-wa-st-30m10.zip.)I have considered PayPal but there was a bit of negative publicity, perhaps even law suits, a while ago, so I have not added them yet. I believe it was primarily vendors, not customers, who were having problems with them. Based on your recommendation, I will look into their service again. (Anyone else have experience with PayPal?)Enjoy your holiday!Steve

HeatherHere is the filename: fst-wa-st-30m10.zipI searched just for seattle under the category of FS2002->SCENERY.Have a safe 4thBobG

Guest Heather 636

Thanks again Steve!I'll most definitely keep my eye open for this one.Cheers!Heather

This is awesome! Thanks Steve!Fixed the problem of KBFI being in a sinkhole!Though now there seems to be a bleed thru of grassthru the concrete apron? Is there a way to fixthat? Really great job.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg