Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Bowden

Delay in Textures loading - then not loading at all??

Guest Ian_Bowden

Hi All, see the attached picture. At 1st they loaded ok, then with a delay then later on in the flight not at all...same goes for some of the VC textures - have I missed a setting?Livery is the Helios one.Ian Bowden.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73099.jpg

Guest Ian_Bowden

BUMP! :-jumpy

Guest Ian_Bowden

Hi John,Thats what I thought but only getting the problem with PMDG 738. Hmm.I'll restart the sim when I land and try it again. Thanks,Ian.PS - How long for a Eurocypria 800W? ;)Ian

Guest eddm

Hi,I had exactly the same problem at the very beginning using Fs2004.I don't know if this will help you, but in my case it helped me compressing the FS2004 directory and all subdirectory. This may take a little time. You will recognize if the directory is compressed by seeing it in "blue" in the WinXP Explorer.I use WinXP pro. Hope this helps you. There is no FPS or perfomanceissue using compressed directories. For some reasons it helped to solve the texture issue. I had the problem exactly as shown in your screenshot. Beg your pardon for my bad english.cheers,Constantin

Guest netguru

I had the exact same problem myself and practically tore my hair out trying different graphic drivers. The drivers made no difference. But this also happened with other AC in FS2004 and I could also see the textures missing in the Aircraft selection dialog (when the aircraft spins in the sky background).I also have WinXP Pro SP1a and had to finally do a system restore back to a week earlier. Thankfully this was before the 800/900 was released.It seems to be something installed in FS2004 but I could not pinpoint it. My FS9 directory is uncompressed and I did not try that solution so that may work for you. I tried deleting the FS9.cfg but it did not help.I have a Geforce4 Ti4600 with WHQL Certified 56.72's.Hope one of these solutions help, I know how frustrating it can be.Terry 'netguru' McPeck

Guest Ian_Bowden

I don't want to go compressing folders as I dont see that as a fix to be honest, as I shouldn't need to. There must be somthing else. Terry how did you solve it? I just flew EGNT-EIDW in the RYR 737-800 and lost ALL external textures shortly after departure, and then VC ones not long after.Can't be PC power - mines fine!P4 2.8 800FSB 1024mb DDR400 etcIan