Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

poll: how big performance improvement with the 800/900 patch?

How big is the performance improvement of the 600-900 with this patch?smoothness, fps?

Guest Fjorko

Mine seems to run MUCH smootherSet to 25fps, hardly drops blow 20-22 everGood Job !

Guest VanT

I hope someone will answer. PMDG states that they have improved VC significantly ("reduced required texture memory and nearly 12000 fewer polygons for improved frame rates"). Well, I believe that they've done this, but I'm interested how big performance improvement have been achieved (2 fps, 5 fps or maybe 8 fps) ?Pawel

With the old 600-700 my framerate is effectively cut in half.so would be very interesting to see what results other got.

Guest Matthew Murray

Visually looking at the VC, you wouldn't be able to tell that they have cut out 12000 polygons. However, my FPS and general smooth operation in the VC seems to be better!Good work guys!!!

[P CLASS=style1] Matthew Murray [/P][P][sPAN CLASS=style1]-|www.precisionmanuals.com|-[bR][/sPAN]

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg[/P]

Well I can't say I agree with your observations. First I installed the new 800/900 over my original 600/700 installation and noticed that with frames locked at 20FPS the new version , still in the -700 increased to 18-20fps with the 2D panel. I have not switched to the -800 and I am getting 20fps right on the button. I did this afternoon, try the VC model of the -800 and the fps were better they were not any where as high as the 2D panelI really do have to say that the PMDG team did an outstanding job on this new version. My hats are off to them.Bob

I get the same FPS in the 600/700 I got before the 800/900, and the 800/900 FPS is about the exact same as in 600/700!