Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

<<Landing lights at night - Seems very WHITE ! >>

Guest Fjorko

Hi GuysCAn anyone confirm whether something can be done to extremely WHITE lights that is still evedent when the landing lights are on whislt on the ground.....seems like a white triange infront of your plane and doesn't seem very realistic at all. It actually puts a damper on the EXCELLENT 2D cockpit lighhtingMany thanks

Guest Fjorko

My appologies, i actually looked at it again just now, and now is seems better for some reasonLast night it looked much Whiter than today...... I must have been dreaming !!!!Sorry anyway - just ignore me !Cheers

Guest Fjorko

Well on the second look, mine didn't seem TOO white. But that might be because it is daytime here now, and i am sitting right next to a window.Will check again tonight when it is dark.Cheers

Guest mhurocy34

I didn't like the landing lights on any aircraft, they all tend to "white-out" the earth in front of you. You can download an effect called xenon.zip from www.flighstim.com (if your not, you have to register to download, and good luck getting on. It is very easy to install, just unzip, and copy the effect file into your effects folder of FS. It gives a very pleasent blue light, and doesn't wash the scenery away infront of you.Miklos

Guest Nickman

Generally in the real world its not like that, but you have to remember its a game and its not all perfect. Besides, you shouldn't have your landing lights on while your taxing, just for takeoff and landing.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,I fixed the white out landing (and taxi) light problem. All that's required is to edit one texture file and it is fixed for all aircraft including AI aircraft.The texture is called Spotlight.bmp and is in the main FS texture folder.All I did was to reduce the white output level through photoshop.Here some pics to show the result:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74020.jpgTaxi Lights onlyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74022.jpgLanding lights onlyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74023.jpgTaxi and landing lights combinedI made this fix a while back when I initially got the 6/700'sCheersDavid

Guest jase439

Here is the file with the aforementioned fix. Remember to backup your old copy first.

Guest wee_davie_2612

>Here is the file with the aforementioned fix. Remember to>backup your old copy first.>>Note to everyone, that fix file isn't mine, just incase anyone screws it up and comes crying to the wrong guy :) Also I should have mentioned, it's best to look at those pics in a darkened room, when It's bright in the room it washes out the pic. E.g. In a bright room the runway numbers can hardly be seen in the first pic, there a lot more clear without lots of background light. David

The file name is actually xenon1.zipOr do a search for 'lights' under FS2004 Miscellaneous

Guest zip

David, can you attach your version?Thanks!

Guest jase439

Guest jase439

Mine, is actually a virus disguised in DXT1 format.

Guest captbulldog 2

FS in general is quite lousy with landing lights. It just makes the texture white instead of actually making the texture brighter, and thus you lose all the contrast.