Sign in to follow this  

To air file guru's Re: Concorde Overspeed tables

Guest Scott Campbell

Good day all.I have recently upgraded the FS2000 Concorde to FS2002 so I can work on my Space Plane files, but I have a problem.The Mmo and Vmo numbers in the air file are ignored. There's a section (using AirEd) called "1516: Concorde Overspeed Table", with the value being True or False. This tells me the Concorde IAS/Mach overspeed display is derived from something in the program itself.Is there any possible way to subvert this? I have adjusted the Concorde to fly at Mach 2.5, but the tables still only allow Mach 2.04 Mmo before going over speed. Accordingly, the IAS Vmo is also only set to the corresponding Mach 2.04 value.My goal for the space place is Mach 6.5, 100,000'.Any advice is appreciated.

HI Scott,Have you tried simply deleting (removing) the table section and then using the "normal" overspeed param in section 1101? Apologies if this had occured to you already.Regards,Rob Young

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob,Yep, tried that and the Vmo dropped to about 180 knots at FL600, so I was continuously over speed. Changing to TAS display is also not a solution. I also tried changing the Vmo to 1290 knots. That didn't work either.I would just like to know where this table is located and if it can be changed. Problem is if it's built into the program, then I can't change it for my a/c without affecting the Concorde or someone else's a/c. There would also be no hope of releasing my a/c.(additional)Since I have you here, I need a gauge that can do tank-to-tank transfer other than the concorde fuel pump. I need to transfer wing tank fuel to the aft tank. I know you have some control over fuel in the Falcon. Is there a gauge I can find that will allow me to transfer at least from wing tanks to the center tank? Then the fuel pump can transfer to the aft tank.

Guest Heather 636

I ran into similar problems trying to fly the SR-71. Overspeed and even then I couldn't get it above about 600kts; disgusting.Since I'm no guru on this stuff, it now sits in the "mothball hangar."Good luck ScottHeather

Can we fly over 100,000 feet yet without it getting all buggy? I haven't tried yet in FS2002. Jordan T. Sexton

Guest Scott Campbell

Jordan,You got me. I haven't been able to get over FL800 with massive engine power. FS doesn't understand the concept and the mach and air speed gauges don't handle that well.

Hi!Set "false" to the Concorde speed table as it will kill the overspeed tag near SL of 500KIAS +. I have been to 100K and there's a nice wall there if I recall correctly when you try to pass it. Also, in SEC 1101 change the first line to deviate away from the Concorde. Most jet files use 12855, which is the Lear jet. I recall if you leave that setting in place, you will still get the overspeed buzzer. Julian