Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

OFF TOPIC: I feel like an idiot...

This has probably been asked about a million times, but I can't find it in the archives. How do you get a signature banner to show up? Thanks!

Guest Heather 636

At the top of this forum, click on "User Menu"Then select "Edit Your Profile"In the window that comes up, scroll to the very bottom where it says "Signature"In the box to the right, enter whatever it is you wish to say or the url of an image you wish to display.And remember, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.Cheers!Heather

Guest Edam

From the FAQ:"Click on User Menu > -> Edit your profile. There is a text area for your signature."For the sake of modem users, you might want to consider keeping it at a decently small size. Coincidentally Heather, you seemed to have posted at the same that I did. Not for anything, but don't you think that your new sig is a little, err, "large?" Of course, if the Admins have no problem with it...

Guest Heather 636

Hi Edam!As far as modem use, that's what I am restricted to with, on a good day, a connection speed of 28 Kbps (most of the time 24 to 26). So far I have had little trouble with any of the graphics posted on the forum, although I also realize that there are others who pay by the minute whereas this may post a more serious problem.As far as the "size" of my signature, yes, that was given some consideration and the only way to find out was to do it. If asked to remove it or overwhelmingly told that it is in bad taste, I will most assuredly and most promptly remove it.So far, the count is 1/1I have had one response to the affirmative and yours. If a number of persons, not necessarily a majority, find it objectionable, just let me know and it will be gone!Of course, Admin ALWAYS over-rules. It's their house after all. If they wish it downsized, I will graciously do so as soon as I receive notification.I try very hard here to avoid stepping on anyone's toes, be sensitive to perhaps different views and cultures of my international friends, and, more than anything else, present myself in a professional, yet fun and friendly manner. I do hope that you have not found me straying from these personal guidelines.Sincerely,Heather Anne Sherman

Guest Heather 636

And one other thing Edam,After reading my response, it looked to me like it could be taken that I am angry with you and I just wanted to assure you that I am not. You brought up a very good point. Just don't want you to think I'm mad over it.Cheers!Heather