Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Engine failure during takeoff

Guest staalemoum

During takeoff with my pmdg 737-800, just seconds before V1. Both engines stop. Also during landing some hours later. Fs9 crashes to the desktop. What is going on? Can someone help me???

Guest Benji1984

>During takeoff with my pmdg 737-800, just seconds before V1.>Both engines stop. Also during landing some hours later. Fs9>crashes to the desktop. What is going on? Can someone help>me???I have the exact same problem when I take off... When rotation speed is reached, I hear the "engine failure" call and than my both engines stop running!I hope you all can help us because I really have the need to fly this beautiful aircraft!

Guest georg

Check the fuel!!-/-/-/-Ok, I know it was stupid but I just had to.. :)

Guest staalemoum

Been flying add ons for many years so I know what I am doing.

Guest ba747heavy

Your rotating too fast, had a tail strike, and FS decided that your engines need to shut down. Proper way to takeoff is to rotate at 2-2.5 degrees per second until 8 degress pitch up. Hold 8 degrees until positive rate, and then rotate all the way up to 15 degrees.It is important to remember your hind end is way more out there then it was on the 6/700 ;)

Guest georg

>Been flying add ons for many years so I know what I am>doing.Ok, no offence :) It was just a stupid joke, I was answering to so many topics here that I couldnt left this one empty :D

Guest staalemoum

>Your rotating too fast, had a tail strike, and FS decided>that your engines need to shut down. Proper way to takeoff is>to rotate at 2-2.5 degrees per second until 8 degress pitch>up. Hold 8 degrees until positive rate, and then rotate all>the way up to 15 degrees.>>It is important to remember your hind end is way more out>there then it was on the 6/700 ;)But the engines shuts down before I rotate. Didnt I wrote that it happends before V1!

Guest Dash8driver

Same thing happend to me about an hour ago. Right at V1, just before I started to rotate both engines died! I pulled onto the taxiway and tried to restart them but all they would do is motor, they would not light up. All fuel pumps where on, with lots of fuel onboard.

Ok folks, 1] Engines ONLY fail on the rwy when FS thinks your plane is crashing. This happens when one pulls back on the stick too fast. But that is not rulling out scenery etc so next point-2] Disable crash detection in the fs menu! If you just have to have it then please try it in fullscreen and report back if there is any change!Thanks[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Engine failure occurs at V1, with default scenery, and crash detection turned off. As stated in another post it cannot be tail strike as the nose wheel hasn't left the ground.After saving another default flight with the same result, I deleted my fs9.cfg file and tried again no engine failures this time, but lost all my settings:-( . Will try again later and report back if it happens again.Simon

Guest PhilipManwaring

Same thing here. I had one flight go fine, the next time the #1 engine would fail at V1 every time and FS would log it as a failure. No amount of reseting would cure the failure. I finally restarted FS and then it worked OK. Same procedure was used both times. Very odd.

Guest ba747heavy

>But the engines shuts down before I rotate. Didnt I wrote that>it happends before V1!If you want to have an attitude with whomever is trying to help you, you can count on not having help from that person for very long.In any case, I am sorry that I wasted your time with a post that apparently didn't address your problem. :-roll

I have just restarted my computer and set up the same flight with the -900 as the sucessful takeoff mentioned above. Engine failure at V1 again, I've now put my original fs9.cfg back until the answer is found.Simon

Guest LLgaz

Very first time I tried to take off I had the engine failure close to V1. I hadn't even started to rotate yet. I shut down FS, rebooted my computer and restarted, going through the entire motion again. This time I took off with no problem.Very strange that first time though. One thing I was glad about was the fact that I remembered to save my route in the FMC.BTW, as a rule, I ALWAYS start every flight with the default cessna situation at KSEA in the log-on screen.