Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Engine failure during takeoff

Guest Vector2Final

Interesting enough I had the same thing happen to me with the 800. I did have the Cessna saved as the default flight so I could start up cold and dark. I erased the file and used the saved flight from PMDG instead. I think this may be what's causing the problem. I erased it and remade the default flight using the Cessna. It worked just fine.BTW, this is my first post on the AVSIM forums. Just want to add what a great plane everyone at PMDG has made. I'm a relatively new owner (purchased the base product a few weeks ago).-Charles P.

Gents-For us to be able to identify a source- we need more than just a "X happened."Tell us where...Tell us what scenery you are using there.Tell us what you had done before the incident...Tell us how you loaded the airplane... saved flight? Saved flight from a menu? HOW?Give us every shred of information you can- because the reports you are making are not enough information to even begin looking....Thanks!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Vector2Final

Sorry Robert. Here is what I did as much as I can remember correctly.Aircraft: 737-800 Excel AirwaysRoute: Prague to GibraltarNothing major scenery wise other than a few odds and ends dowloaded from the AVSIM library.Usual start up procedure:Default Cessna 172 at KGSO with the default flight. I never click the Fly Now button without first changing the plane, weather, flightplan, etc.The Cessna is saved as the default flight with everything cold and dark.I was reading the PMDG manual and saw that there was a default scenario provided. I then erased the Default KSGO files from my Flight Simulator Files folder.I restarted FS went to the Select a Flight and picked the PMDG Cold and Dark flight. I moved the plane to KDBQ, panned outside the plane to see that it was the 737 with winglets, went back into the cockpit and saved it as the default flight.I restarted FS again and chose the 738 Excel, fair weather, filed a flight plan from Prague to Gibraltar, adjusted the fuel, and set the time to 5:45 AM local.Once the scenario loaded I went through the start procedures, entered everything into the FMC, and was cleared for takeoff runway 31. I taxied to runway, engaged the throttle up to N1 and was heading smoothly down the runway. I got the 80 knots callout and then at the V1 the left engine cut out just as I hearing rotate. I had yet to pull back on the stick. Needless to say I went careening off the runway. ;)Afterwards I deleted the PMDG default flight and set it up as the Cessna again. When I went back into FS I created the same scenario and was able to take off just fine, though the radio did get stuck and I wasn't able to contact ground or tower.Hope that helps..-Charles P.

I don't think it's related to add-on scenery, Rob... I have none.Baffling.Cheers.Ian.P.S. I wonder if the CWT fuel problem has resurfaced?

Guest felgenputzer

I am experiencing exactly the same Problem.Yesterday I tried to fly with the Air Berlin 737-800 from EDDP and both engines stopped shortly after V1 (before rotation).I tried the same thing with the AB 737-700 and the same thing happened.Today I wanted to give it another try and this time I had a single engine failure (of the left engine) at V1.I repeated the "experiment" 4 or 5 times and it was always the same.I tried the following things that didn't work :-select disable crash detection-select unlimited fuel-selected a programmed engine failure in the PMDG Menu after 60hours-selected a programmed engine failure in the FS2004 menu between 150 and 180minsFurther Info :The engine failure is shown in the FS Failures menu after it occuredSo please try to work on this .... this way it's simply not possible to fly around with this aircraft

Happened to me last night,Location: KSYR (no addon scenery)Aircraft: flying the 700 Paint: Midcon Air (my repaint)Flying online VATSIM (Kind of embarasing telling Boston center that I had to close my IFR due to the fact that my engines died and I couldn't start them again...lol)Happened prior to rotation. Note: This hadn't happened previouse to this and I flew two more flights after reseting fs9 and it didn't happen again????Hope this helps.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Hello guys,Just one quick question:Does those crashes happen when you start with the default cessna, engine off, then you load the 737?May be the question sounds stupid, cause I do not have any more crashes since I load directly the 737, standard way, no saved situation, then turn every thing of to have a cold and dark plane.If ever I start again with a saved flight, or situation, i have the crash.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

No, I am starting up directly with the 737.On a side note, can someone that is also having this problem check in their styles menu and see if your fs2004 internal is shaded out? I am having this problem and I am just trying to search for any type of correlation.

________________________________________________________________________________

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest felgenputzer

I now tried to load the standard C172 with all systems turned off as a standard flight. Then I switched to the 737 and prepared everything from cold and dark.This time I didn't get that problem.But I only tried it one time, so I'm not sure what will happen next time

Guest zip

Just for kicks, has anyone tried to turn EXTENDED BATTERY ON in FSUIPC and see if the engines still shutdown prematurely (you need to be using the registered FSUIPC to do this)?I've been fighting battery problems with this and another add-on and it seems possible that a battery failure during taxi or t/o may cause the fuel pumps to go offline that in turn shutsdown the engines even if everything is configured correctly and the values are reported nominal in all systems.A hunch tells me it may be related and the same reason the landing lights quit on the PMDG. I may have a bad simulated alternator.What I know:- the problem occurs when starting FS9 with a default flight using a default plane (in my case, a stock Cessna).- the problem did not occur with my PMDG base version prior to the new 800/900 release, and did not occur prior to the new version of FSUIPC (again, I updated both on the same day).- the problem is consistent timing wise where engines (lights) quit roughly at the same interval (about three to five minutes after push back)- all systems show nominal pressure, fuel, bleed, and voltage.- the problem occurs with crash detection on or off- I have a very similar electrical failure with another add-on that I fixed last night by using the FSUIPC extended battery feature - was too late for me to test with the PMDG, will attempt to do so this evening.The only common denominator thus far seems to be the new version of FSUIPC but I can't back that up with hard proof until more testing is done.

Guest LLgaz

This engine failure at V1 has happened to me twice now. (happened today taking off from KJFK)I can confirm 3 things:1. I ALWAYS start with the default cessna with engines shutdown and batteries off at KSEA. I learned that a long time ago the hard way.2. In the Styles menu, my FS2004 checkbox is NOT disabeled, although I keep the FSUIPC box checked.3. I am NOT using any addon scenery whatsoever. As a matter of fact, my addons at present are just FSNav, UT, FSMeteo and the Frolov Dash8. (And the PMDG737 of course :) )I cannot do anything to get the problem to re-occur. So now, although 99% of my flights are successful, I keep my fingers crossed when passing V1.

I believe that my battery is set to extend life in FSUIPC but I will check tonight.

Guest iQue

Hi all.I experience engine failure at V1 everytime I start FS9 for the first time after starting WinXP. I have tried default cessna at startup, diffrent locations but nothing helps. For me it seems impossible to get it going again without restarting FS9 (I can start the engines but V1 failure happens again) since reset the faliure in FS9 settings or reloading the plane doesn't help. But after restarting FS9 the problem disappears and I can fly the whole evening (and night :) ) without any problems att all.Ihope this Bug or whatever it is can be fixed because restarting FS9 is a very timeconsuming thing to do:-lolRegards Frank

Is this on your to be squashed list yet? I'm sure it is I just don't want it to fall too far back incase someone finds a solution.