Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Engine failure during takeoff

I don't have these problems. I alway load the MS default flight before start flying with PMDG. Jan-Paul Schuchna

>Hi Randy, notice a pattern starting to emerge. Those of us>that use the NG as the default, no engine failures, those who>start with the MS default and then swith, engine failures.bob, cannot confirm this. funny enough -do not laugh - is that I flew the 800/900 NGs for many times without any problem though I saved the NG as default plane located at EDDM with clear skies. when I saw these posts here I felt lucky that I am not encountering this engine failure problem. well, until yesterday. promised: I did not change my setup! really weird. now the failure happened twice. what I not did so far is restart fs9 and give it a second ty. will do this today and see what happens. what I did, however, is to load the default cessna, start engines, fly a pattern, land and then load the NG. got another engine failure just before takeoff. have no failures enabled in any menues. use activesky for all my flights, alos those before where I did not get any failures. as I said, wierd!philAMD 2.7, 1GB DDR, Radeon 9500, ASUS 87N8X

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

just tried a first flight again and got en engine failure during takeoff, was able to stop airctaft on the runway, see first pic. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74080.jpgThen reloaded FS and had a look at my overhead. I realized that the RAM doors are open. could that be the trick? see pic:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74081.jpgwill takeoff now and see wehther failure ocurs again after restart of FS9 and will report...phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

well, fired it up again and did not get an engine failure though the RAM doors were open, was bale to fly a wonderful pattern at EDDM, see pic shortly after t/o:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74082.jpg

Phil Leaven

Guest Ulli

Hi,same problem here (800-Air Berlin, 2D-cockpit): sometimes complete engine failure after V1, sometimes only engine #1 dies. In case of no failure at t/o the engine failure occurs when applying REV after touchdown. No warning lights are illuminated (after RECALL). Does not make any difference using A/T or manual, reduced t/o thrust or full thrust. The failure seems to be unavoidable.In case both engines fail there is no way to restart, only APU will run.Tried ignoring cutoff once and performed single engine t/o and restarted engine #1 in flight. Worked fine but resulted in an left gear retraction problem which could not be fixed (crash landing of course *g*).No difference to fly online (VATSIM) or offline. I use a PMDG startup situation but also tried startup using other planes.Same thing suddenly now with 700, which has worked fine until installation of 800/900.best regardsUlliwww.edll.de

Hi there.I always start with a 737NG saved flight, and everything is working fine, no failures, except once; I loaded my default NG startup situation, then tried to load a NG flight which was saved prior to -800/900 release, then I had one engine failure before rotate. (I thought I had deleted all saved flight as recommended though). Anyway, about startup, this is directly from the manual: "We recommend against loading a non PMDG airplane, shutting it down, then switching to the PMDG airplane as we

After installing the -800/-900 addon, I was having random #1 engine failures at V1. I had been starting FS with the PMDG 737 -700 as the default situation. After I deleted this situation and started FS with a FS airplane, the V1 engine failures have disappeared. Now I create every flight when flying the PMDG 737.By the way, very happy overall with this product. Good Job!Floyd

>After installing the -800/-900 addon, I was having random #1>engine failures at V1. I had been starting FS with the PMDG>737 -700 as the default situation. After I deleted this>situation and started FS with a FS airplane, the V1 engine>failures have disappeared.thanx, will try this as soon as I am at home.

Phil Leaven

Guest diajohn2

Now I have the engine failure on takeoff. It happened only after I changed my default flight to use the cold and dark PMDG 737NG. It had never happened before when I used another a/c. I got everything properly running (ie_ no failure lights on the panel. Right after V1 and the at rotate the engine failure occured.(left engine if it matters) I tried turning off the engine failure in failure setting and finally got it running again. Repeated this twice more and same failure. I then closed FS9 and changed my default to anothe a/c. Then set up the same flight with the same PMDG a/c and it took off fine.No other changes.

Well I am stumped, I just completed a flight from KSEA to KDEN today with a full load on the -800 and no engine failures once again.For those of you that have engine failures do have the start switch on "cont/flight" during takeoff?I thought I was on to something with those starting FS9 with a MS defualt plane and then making the switch. As Randy said most beta testers don't do that. I also don't use the PMDG cold and dark "flight" to start with either. I go from one saved flight to the next. My -800 has gone from KDEN to KSAN, KSAN to KORD, KORD to KSEA, KSEA to KPHX, KPHX to KSEA and today KSEA to KDEN not one engine failure.Go Figure, I am really confused.Bob

Guest Ulli

>For those of you that have engine failures do have the start>switch on "cont/flight" during takeoff?Hi Bob,does not make any difference.RegardsUlli

Hi PMDGJust thought I'd add my ten pence worth - I've had one such failure in about 15 flights. No idea what the cause was. My default flight is the Cessna at Meigs with all systems shut down. First such failure I've had.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL

Guest alanrco

This is getting such a pain that I'm thinking of abandoning the PMDG 737.1. ALWAYS get engine fail message as soon as I enter sim, have to change to another 737 model and back again.2. ALMOST ALWAYS get left engine failure before getting airborn3. Mostly a black screen afterwards then 'Report Problem' Window and FS has CTDI have no 'timed' failures set.Have plenty of fuelEngine start switches to CONT/FLT for takeoffI spend more time trying to get going than actual flying! What a time waster...Alan

AlanHave you read the post about the saved flights a little above this one?From your post I can read between the lines that you have a default flight with the PMDG loaded? This is not a good idea.Also if this saved flight is from the -600/700 SU3 it can cause serious problems with the new NG. This is not a good setup.Don't try to load flights that was saved with the old SU3 revision.(Ideally you should erase all old saved PMDG files)TRY THIS:- Save a default flight with a default plane at an airport of your choice. (preferably in your time zone, this way the FS clock will show right time according to your system time when you change aiports). - The above only needs to be done once- When getting the start up dialog. Select a PMDG craft. Select any other settings of your choice. Press Fly now.Hope it helps

Guest Ulli

Hi,forgot to mention that all works fine when flying manually, WITHOUT FMC, but that should not be an option. And YES, I have also tried to start with an MS default aircraft.CheersUlli