Sign in to follow this  

AIrports, Airports, I have a need!!

Started to use Project AI's flighplans and very impressed with the work they have put into it, the autoloaders are great IF they work...I'm finding that the compiler spits the dummy if a schedule goes to an airport that is not in the airports.txt file, which is fair enough, we can't have aircraft flying aimlessly around in side my computer.Now I have found about 6 airports used in various schedule that are not in airports.txt and have been forced to put in a substitute to use the schedule.GET TO THE POINT!!!!OK I will,Does anybody know of a file with more current airports? that can be added then compiled.Also how come ICAO VNNB (in Vietnam) can be found in the F2K2 list of airports yet does not appear in the airports.txt file?Hope you can help....

I wish I could help as I am still a little confused on all that is available for this. It's going to take a while till I understand all the pieces. I think you will see some folks come on line soon that may be able to help you. Sorry, I wish I knew more.RegardsBobG

Because not all the airports in FS2002 are included in the airports.txt file. Only the ones that Microsoft made flightplans for them!I don't know of any file that has a number of airports to add to the airport.txt file. It really depends on the flightplans you want to add. But the solution is easy, add them manually keeping the format. You will know the missing ones (according to your flightplans) by the error of the Ttools compiler.regards

Download worldtraffic. It has airports to add to the sim. I think my total is over 6k airports.

Thank you however a search here for 'worldtraffic' comes up blank, any pointers to where I might find this file? Just found World Flightplans and extracted Airports.txt from it - can't hurt quiet a few airports in there Thanks.