Sign in to follow this  
Guest ATCguy

Frequent stops enroute

Guest ATCguy

Once or twice a week, I fuel up the -700 for a nice long range trip. However, I occasionally need to exit out of Flight Simulator to do something else, such as a bill payment, or emailing. If I hit the "Windows" key on the keyboard, that seems to minimize the program and I can restore it without much difficulty. Is this the proper method of pausing and minimizing the program? I won't lose any FMC data or autopilot information, will I?Roger

Guest amerton

Should be fine.But I suggest you pause the sim before minimizing (there's an option somewhere in the FS options such as pause on switch task or something like that...). But in doubt... it's best to have the sim paused so you're sure that it your flight will resume where you left it, and for instance not have sequenced TOD without having reset your alt etc....anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ATCguy

Thanks, I'll do that.Roger

Guest FattyBear

One thing I find helpful is running in window mode if you can. Makes it easier to use external programs like the load manager web browers etc.