Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

Load-Edit and ZFW Max

HiI have been loading my 737-800 with the Load Editor program.Unfortunately, when loading the aircraft to a ZFW higher than 130'000 lbs, causes the FMC to fail to calculate VREF. Secondly A-Floor marker will be active up to speeds of 250 knots.Any idea? 133'000 lbs is a very common ZFW loadoutcheersMartin

It's set correctThe aircraft operates properly under 130'000 lbs.Any other idea?CheersMartin

Guest amerton

hmmmm... ??? no....And you are talking about VREF, not the takeoff speeds ? Cold you post a pic of your APP CDU page (where VREF is shown)anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

well i am talking about both takeoff speeds and VREFVREF with flaps 30 / 252Takeoff = unable to calculate. hitting the lSK does not change a thing.I will see if i get a screenshotcheers

Martin,I just tried the -800 with a ZFW of 133 thousand something lbs loaded from the Load Manager. With fuel I ended up with a GW of 146,100 lbs. The V-speeds I got from the FMC was a tad too low compared to the table for the 800 in the PMDG AOM.FMC: 129 139 148AOM: 143 145 154 (for 147,000 lbs)But I certainly managed to get my V-speeds. The FMC is also giving me a pretty accurate Vref speed of 147 KIAS for a flaps 30 landing.No offence but I have to ask, are you sure you have set lbs in both FS and the PMDG menu? (I know it's easy to forget to change in both instances)Hope it helps,

i did.And even the Load Editor ZFW indicator didn't turn red at all. SO i must assume that the ZFW was correct.I entered the value as known from the 737-700 into the FMC.ZFW: 133CI: 80Does cost index have influence?on the takeoff ref page i cannot enter sel OAT. it does no accept the value. It says "invalid entry". If i hit the LSK besides V1/VR/V2 nothing happens if using ZFW over 130'000 lbs. it remains "---"anyway i entered the values manually139 / 139 / 146 (it was my guess. don't blame on me if they were wrong) I took off. However the A-Floor begun to blink. It wouldn't go off until 270 knots. Thats pretty weird.While landing in noticed the most excessive V-Ref of 252 knots with Flaps 30!!??Next i did the same on my -900. Same result. Next i did reduce loadout till i got under 130'000 lbs. It works. no change at all.I might not be an aviation expert, but the behaving is different from the 737-700, which i am very used to.Nevermind. I will be able to live with it. I have simply rediced baggage and i am fine ;)cheersMartin

I used a ZFW of 134,500 lbs, and everything worked fine for me. Speeds were calculated fine. I use a cost index of 50 (not sure if this does anything, still reading through the manual).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Looks like something is screwed up in your setup. Could be a wrong load in the aircraft.cfg file, lbs/kg dilemma, etc. I would suggest a reinstall of the packages and see if that cures the problem.the range for SEL TEMP is 16-70

Ok, it works nowI reinstalled to make sure that i haven't had left anything from before.I tried hard, no way to reproduce at this time ;)Thanks for helpMartin

Guest speight

Using a higher cost index like say 80% will result in a higher cruise speed and vice versa. Not sure, but I saw that a C/I of 23% was used on the 737 video that came with the G/A boxed 737. The PIC 767 manual recommends 80%. I have done extensive fuel consumption tests on all the major add-ons and found that using lower C/I figures results in a substantial fuel saving.

Hi,Cost Indexes are different for every aircraft type and every operator. It is a formula where you try to optimize the time dependant costs with the speed dependant costs.At Scandinavian Airlines the normal CI for their NGs is 50. I know that Braathens are running with a slightly lower CI. I think 36 or so. Indicating that their crews are a little less paid than SAS crews. Thus can be in the air longer and save on some fuel money. ;-)Basically...Cheers,