Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSkybuff

PMDG Landing Lights and NAV Problems

Guest TheSkybuff

RE: PMDG 737NG 600/700Can someone please help me!!!I purchased this product not too long ago and I've been having problems the with Landing and Taxi Lights as well as the Nav Aids. Landing and Taxi Lights shut down after I begin to taxi to runway while everything else works fine. I normally start cold and dark and go through the whole start up checklist where I also initialize FMC. Since I do like using FS9's ATC, I enter into the FMC the High Altitude routes FS9 spits out and don't use SID and STARS. I'm not sure if the ATC is causing the problem. Also, about 30-40 minutes into the flight my Nav Aid Radios shut down. So do the Comm radios. All radios freeze up and so does ATC. I can only then fly VFR and cannot perform ILS approaches. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?I've tried everything possible to fix the lights and radio problems. First I reinstalled PMDG. That didn't work so I then re-installed the whole FS9 Sim. I've set up the aircraft to have the avionics master switch turned on so I know this is not the problem. I've also tried switching the Stanby Battery on and off but this does nothing. The only third party add-ons I have installed at the moment (since I've just recently reinstalled FS9) are FLY TAMPA, SIMFLYERS KPHL, MY TRAFFIC and ULTIMATE TRAFFIC. Could any of these be causing these problems?Someone please help me. I've spent a lot of time learning how to fly this aircraft with its FMC and now these problems are keeping me from flying IFR properly. I've also noticed in the forum that people are having issues with the Landing Lights of the new PMDG 800/900. Could this be related to my issues?Comments would very much be appreciated. Thank you in advance,Alex P4 3.0 Ghz. 2GB ram, Ati 9800 pro.

Guest amerton

Seems you've been in a lot of trouble.Can you try to re-install without any other third party package so we can check if one of them could cause what you're experiencing ?Maybe this occurs because of a combination of something ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest georg

It could be again the battery problem most likely. Do this way that in FS key commands, assign a key for master battery and alternator generator functions, then after your airplane shuts off, click first the gen key and if nothing happens, try battery key and push them littlebit, then you might get everythign back normal. Payware planes do this trick sometimes.

Guest TheSkybuff

Georg,Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried what you suggested. What is happening now is that when the lights shut off as I taxi to runway, I press the assigned keys of the gen and master battery and the lights come back on but they flicker. Something is definately not right. I'm going to re-install FS9 and PMDG as Anthony with Precision Manuals recommended. Perhaps there is an issue with PMDG and other third Party compatibility. Thanks again Georg,Alex

Guest N1152S

I've got the same problem too, after flying the 900 for about 1.5 hours both the nav and comm radios completely failed. I reset the battery, generators, everything and nothing worked. I dont have a fully registerd version of FSUIPC but I didn't think I needed to. I also dont have a third party programs running, so I'm a little confused. Any ideas?

Guest amerton

Dave,It's not because you don't have a registered version of FSUIPC (I don't either). Something else is causing it.A few threads suggest to start loading the default FS aircraft and switching the master avionics to on as a workaround, (if I remember well) if one experiences this problem. Search the forum.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest TheSkybuff

Anthony,Thank you for your reply. I don't know what to do anymore. I re-installed FS9 and PMDG as you suggested - leaving out other third party add-ons. Yet, the landing lights and radio problems still persist. I noticed, however, that when I went to create the flight plan in the FS9 "Create Flight" menue, the default departure aiport was the same as the one I used before re-installing. Is there a possibility some FS9 settings aren't being deleted during the re-installation process? I don't see how this can be happening since I did delete the FS9 folder after using the FS9 de-install program. Could there be an issue with my PMDG installer? I downloaded it from your website (Precision Manuals) after purchase on March 13, 2004. Is there anything else I should do?Alex

Guest amerton

Alex, There are files that are located in the user-related directories.C:Documents and SettingsAnthony (your user name) Application DataMicrosoftFS9C:Documents and SettingsAnthonyMes documentsFlight Simulator FilesGet rid of saved flights etc and your FS9.cfg. Then restart FS (you'll lose your FS settings and need to re-input them). Also make sure to use our un-installer (from our web site) to uninstall the NG before reinstalling it.If this does not cure it, then we're out of immediate luck.Support is aware of this situation, though.anthony Anthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest N1152S

Alrighty, thanks for the input, I'm not a developer so I really dont know how this works, but I guess I'd assume that if switching a default aircrafts avionics to "ON" then loading the airplane was the solution, then why would everything work just fine for about an hour and a half then suddenly time out. Almost seems like a drawn down battery or something.

Guest TheSkybuff

Anthony,I tried the following:-Uninstalled the NG using your (PMDG) un-installer.-Uninstalled FS9-Deleted FS9 folder under C:Documents and SettingsAlexanderApplication DataMicrosoft...-Deleted the "Flight Simulator Files" folder containing the saved flights, etc...-Re-installed FS9 and re-assigned settings-Re-installed the PMDG NG Result: Landing and taxi lights still shut down during taxi to runway and radios, as well as ATC, still freeze up during flight. There is definately a problem with my NG. I've noticed I'm not the only one in the forum with the radio issue. Could it be that I need the registered version of the FSUIPC? Please let me know what I should do next or give me someone I can contact directly at Precision Manuals who can resolve this issue. I appreciate your patience with this matter Anthony. Alex

Guest amerton

Alex, Sorry it did not help. You don't need a registered version of FSUIPC, though (see my post somewhere under this one).I will forward this thread to others at development.We'll let you know.ThanksanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Benjamin

Just touched down from a flight from CYEG to KSEA, just a one hour flight or so. Turning in over Seattle all radios went dead, i.e. NAV and COM, so no autoland or ILS... Must have been a thrill for the controllers sitting in the tower ;-). Jokes aside: There seems really to be a problem with the lights and the radio, since I reinstalled everything - from fs9 to the 737/800/900. Probably the guys at Boeing need to build in some stronger batteries - just a suggestion. I think there might be a minor glitch in the simulation of this bird. Any suggestions?Cheers from LSZH (Zurich Switzerland)Benjamin

Guest amitpeer

FWIW, I had the lights problem consistently since the upgrade. Using the registered FSUIPC version, I set the battery to infinite - and the problem is now gone.Amit Pe'er

Same prob here with radios, 45 min into my flight and i couldnt change nav or com frequences anymore.Ole Nielsen

Guest Flic1

I'll chime in on this one too. I had the 800 sitting at the gate with the APU running for about 45 minutes (I went to eat dinner). I came back and radios were dead and no duct pressure. I tried assigning a keystroke command for the Avionics master as suggested on another thread and it fixed the problem. Did a short 30 minute flight with no problems after that. Kinda wierd though...Eric