Sign in to follow this  
petermaxkoller

PIC767 contra 737-800/900

HiI'm a PIC767 user for many years. i'm very happy with it, spec. with the very good FMC. As there will no be any FS2004-version in the near future; I will change to the PDGM-737-X00.Can anybody tell me if the 737-X00 FMC is so good as the PIC-FMC?.PeterLSZH/Switzerland

Guest Boaz

I think you and I have a lot in common, when regarding this...I was also a PIC die hard pilot my self, but trust me...This one has as much if not more than PIC.Also with the 800/900 update PIC is almost forgotten, the only thing that I miss is the size of the 67, as I love trans atlantic planning and flying, but hey that IS a minor preference...Boaz...

Guest Ray CYYZ

I have PIC, PS and PMDG. They all have equal places in my heart. It is tough to pick sides. This latest 800/900 pack is really making it tough to look at the others any more. I know if PIC2 was out, I'd be flying it too, but you can only fly what you have.One thing ... the 737 uses a Smiths FMC which has it's differences then the Honeywell units in the 757/767 & the 747. It's not a big difference, but it will make you think a few things are broken when they are actually not when you jump over.Ray

Teachnically this FMC is has more features now like Engine etc, I personally think it's a step ahead but that's not to say PIC is not one of the best ever because it is. It's like having the best of both worlds..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest captbulldog 2

I was an avid PIC767 driver and my transition to the pmdg 737 was really flawless. I was familar with FMC and understand know Boeing's L/VNAV works. That's a testiment to how well the pmdg matched PIC's quality.