Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

This was kinda weird... A bug or did I do something wrong?

I was landing into EDDF, and everything was going nice, I was a bit too fast, but was managing to slow down and as I was approaching mine 131kts for flaps 40 landing (A/T and Speed were selected, on PFD all normal), the aircraft was in the CWS mode, and the brakes extended until I reached approx. 135kts. And then, when it came up to 131, the engines did not spool up to hold the speed, but instead the aircraft went into the stall and eventually would crash if I didn't slew it. It was not the engine failure (that popped into my mind, since the BAV ACARS has this adventure option built in, that might do that), and the engines were just idle (I did retract the speed brake at about 135kts, using shift+/). Pushing throttle forward had no effect in that moment. What I did (too late), was turned off A/T and deselected speed on the MCP. After that advancing the throttle gave 100%, but that didn't help much since I was already much too slow.Anyway, can this be a bug or something else? I will repeat the same flight again, doing exactly what I did, at least try that, and see if it happens again.

Guest Fjorko

i also found that you have to disengage the AT before you can give it some juice. I don't know if this is the correct procedure, but i thought a normal AP disconnect and then Speed off would give you the control back ?Any comments anyone ?

Having read other posts here about the speed brakes Word Not Allowed, are you sure the brakes did retract with SHIFT +/ ?I get the impression that key combination does not work as it did originally.If the brakes were still deployed that would explain why you couldn't regain speed - I think.Dave

Umm why would you be using CWS at this height? A/T has stall protection but since I have no idea what the situation was it's all guesswork. CWS is inhibited under a certain altitude (just like the real one) even if you push the buttons. You know you can do a real VNAV APP now? The speedbrakes WILL go back to the initial position before you use SHIFT /, so if the ywere ARMed for APP and one deploys them to slow pushing SHIFT / will bring them back to ARMED.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

I was using CWS at the approach, while intercepting the ILS, and then at the some point, when I didn't need it any more (like, when I set up the rest, and was ready to only fly the g/s).And yes, I checked that the spoilers were retracted (in external view).I overheard something about VNAV APP, but still didn't try it, will do it on the next flight, this flight was a standard like the previous one to check the "main" systems.Well, the problem with the speedbrake wasn't this one, but rather the fact that it doesn't ARM when you press shift+/ initially.