Sign in to follow this  
Herman Leusman

ATC and altitude

Now I've installed your marvellous 737-800/900 I encouter the following minor problem:Flying flightlevel FL220 (for example), altimeter set to standard atmosphere (1013/2992) and altimeter showing 22000 my pilotvoice says the following: "KLM 737 is at flightlevel 223 descending flightlevel 220". This might be correct when not flying at flightlevels, because my altimeter was previously set at (about) 3036 QnH.Or am I doing something stupid? Are there other pilots with this problem?Thanks for this beautiful, really, add-on!!Herman Leusman

Not really sure - try pressing "B" to set the altimter automatically? STD switch pressed on the EFIS control panel?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for your respons Ryan. Pressing "B" doesn't make any difference; I pressed the STD switch (above transition level...) The altimeter shows green with "std". Seems all normal. Only my own ATC pilotvoice says I'm some hunderd feet to high.Herman

Guest bobsk8

I think there is something wrong with the altimeter in the 800-900 series. ATC kept telling me I was at the wrong altitude, which never happened before, and I was unable to set the altimeter to inches of mercury... i.e. 29.92. It is in the Hg scale no mater what I do or click on.. I tried clcking on the knob that is supposed to go between the 2 formats, and it won't even move.

Please verify what issue you are having. Can you please push SHIFT Z two times and see what altitude flight simulator shows your aircraft to be at compared to the pilot's flight dsiplay reading? The switch is fine for the altimeter, place your mouse at the extreme top of the knob and look at the PFD for change, I just checked and this is indeed working correctly. You can then place your mouse on the switch itself and manually set it.. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest georg

The default atc is just a computer and it just cant accept it if its even your airplane fault not yours :). I have also noticed that PMDG altimeter may be a bit incorrect sometimes. Isnt it depending on the REAL QNH you have set in the altimeter? I think the STD does not change the QNH to 1013, but just changes the altimeter display.

That's what is is Georg. Now I set, as in the past with all the other planes, the altimeter at 2992 above 18.000 feet. Then I have no misunderstandings with that computer ATC. Pressing the buttun only changes the display..Herman