Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bronchial

TCAS Help!

Guest Bronchial

I just got the PMDG 737-800/900 and I have to say that its "THE BEST" damn plane i've ever payed for. I just have one little problem. I can't get the TCAS to work. The test mode goes great but when i get in the air and fly near planes nothing shows up on the TCAS. Its on TA/RA and I looked through the manual for help but couldn't find anything. I'm thinking that it may be FSUIPC because i have some other freeware fighters (F-16 and Typhoon) that have this radar system (requires FSUIPC) which allows you to track AI traffic. The radar doesn't show any AI traffic on it either. I've seen screenshots of it in action so I know it works but I get nothing. Anywaise... I really love that plane but it's a big bummer that the TCAS won't work. If anyone knows how to solve it PLEASE let me know.Thanx,Tony

Guest Bronchial

tried the FS internal, doesn't work... what do you mean by activate it?by the way... If it is my FSUIPC what should i do to fix it? I've already downloaded FSUIPC and replaced it with the one i had in the modules folder to see if that may fix it and it didn't..

Guest Bronchial

I read the whole TCAS section in the manual and i do have it on TA/RA so i'm guess thats what you mean by active it.

Guest captbulldog 2

did you push TFC on EFIS ?

Guest Bronchial

When I did that it only works with the FS2004 internal. I switch it back to where it uses FSUIPC and nothing comes up...Why is that?

Guest Bronchial

OkayPMDG RULES AND SO DOES YOUR SUPPORT!"Can't believe you responded to my post within minutes"

Guest Lenny Zaman

Internal mode confirmed working for IVAO aswell ;)why bother using the FSUIPC mode? :)

Guest Ian_Bowden

Yeah but internal mode and I get a conflict with myself - and yes i've ensured the Multiplayer name in FS9.cfg is matching my connected name.Any ideas?? (im using VATSIM obviously!)Ian

Hello Bronchial,you have a GF 6800? How is that possible?Where did you get it? AC5

IanUse FSUIPC option and run AIBridge should do it for you. I hope... ;-)AIBridge can be found at Pete Dowson's web site:www.schiratti.com/dowsonCheers,

Guest N401SS

Now I'm confused... :(To use it on VATSIM, for example, I should run the TCAS using the FSUIPC option and AIBridge... or... just use the FS2004 option?*swears cause he doesn't have the time to test it out thoroughly*Nick