Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

Fs9 crashes after I press Fly Now with pmdg 737

Guest staalemoum

Hi I installed 737-600/700 for pmdg. Then I installed the 737-800/900.Everything worked great. Then when I create a flight with 737-800.And I press Fly Now button. Then a error message comes: Fs9 need to be restarted. When I look at the error report it says that the file 737ng main.gau is the reason of the crash. What is wrong? I installed both the 737-600/700 and 737-800/900 for fs9.I also use Windows XPHope someone can help me quickly!!!!!!!Staale MoumNorway

Guest amerton

Staale,Some users reported a prolem with the FLY NOW button.Try to do the following to get you started :- load the sim- use a default situation- go to whatever airport- load the 737 (not a 2D only model)- then save your situation as the default flightAlso, search the forum, as this is well described in other threads.Hope it helpsanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Dear Mr. Merton,I'd wildly hope and guess that my E-Mail I send to support@precisionmanuals.com did not get deleted.As you know already, I have the same error. And I tried every possible way to solve it as here are hints and tips and ideas, as well some have solved the problem. But nothing has solved my problem, none of these possibilities helped me.I even tried to set the date and time a month ahead, so the season chance bug would have less an effect. No go either.I always start with a default airplane with default panel. After that I load the plane I wanna fly with. That is the best way as well with any other payware aircraft these days.Could you please be so kind and tell me what info you need in order to help me, or does it not matter, because you have no clue what could possible help me?Please be so kind and try to help me.

Guest thscholz

Wasn't there something like after selecting the aircraft you have to wait until the aircraft in the preview turns around at least once before pushing "Fly now"?CheersThomas

Ahem... I dont start with PMDG B737NG from the FLY NOW screen. I start with a default cessna and than change aircrafts.Why should let rotating the displayed aircraft in the aircraft selection help?

Guest technobie

Thomas - Are you serious? :-lol Ok - I too have sent an email to support on Saturday with screen shots and things I have tried. I haven't heard back yet - and Robert said that they had responded to all emails as of Sunday - so I obviously need to resend it tonight when I get home. Anyway, if I load the default Cessna and switch to the -800, I can fly it with all switches/buttons clickable. That is the only way I am able to fly the plane. I guess that is workable for now, but hopefully with the help of all of us bringing as much info to the table as possible, we can resolve this issue.For me:1. I have deleted the FS9.cfg and state files. I can load the -800 the first time, but after I shut FS9 down and restart, I am back to the same old problem. FS9 crashes after hitting "Fly Now".2. I reinstalled the 800/900. Still not working.3. I have no major addons except for some freeware (Boston...)If there is something else you guys have tried, let me know!Thanks everyone!!!I am running WinXP Pro on an IBM Mpro IntelliStation, PIII 933mhz, 1gig memory, 2 UltraSCSI2 18gig 10K HD, ATI Radeon 9500 128...Chris Driveretherspeed@sbcglobal.netKBDL (Previously KSFO)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest technobie

Hi Vin,Yes. Everything loads before hitting the Fly Now button. I just replied to this post with things I have tried and my system specs. BTW Vin - Being that it does work loading a default FS plane and then switching to the 800/900, it runs BEAUTIFULLY on my "slow" system! Such a huge impovement over the 600/700 (which I thought was great anyway!)Chris Driveretherspeed@sbcglobal.netKBDL (Previously KSFO)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi Chris,"Thomas - Are you serious? :-lol"Yes, actually he was being serious. There was a problem at one time when loading the aircraft, that if you didn't let it enough time elapse from the time you selected the aircraft till the time you hit fly now, the gauges wouldn't load properly. I'm not sure if it is still an issue or not, I never was plagued with the problem to begin with. My advice would be, what the heck, anything's worth a shot!

Dear Vin,well, yes! I have removed with the remover, than deleted manualy all PMDG B737 gauges and the aircraft folders. Than I reinstalled them step by step.Whatever I have done or not done befor, now that solved my problem. The planes 600 to 900 are all loading without problems!Problem solved, BUT I dont know how I did it this time.

For me I choose the aircraft first before choosing airport or anything else that way by the time I have date/time and airport selected the aircraft has finished loading all of it's data. If you are running a slower CPU it is going to take longer. After I upgraded I don't see the problem anymore. A simple test would be to load everything (aircraft included) and get to the flynow screen(not the aircraft screen) and let it sit for a minute, go get something to drink or what ever, and then after it has sat there for a while go ahead and hit fly now. If it all loads up then you know that that is your problem. You have to remember all the processes that are incorporated in to this thing and remember that if you have slower computer it is just going to take more time to load everything. Good Luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Torben,I'm glad you are finally up and running!Computers eh? ;-)Cheers,