Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

A Vote Please - Your Opinion is Important

I'd personally like it to be smaller, too... It really adds to the amount of scrolling I have to do to read a thread when you've responded several times. Don't get me wrong... I like DC-3's. But it would be "more friendly" if you paired it down.

Guest Heather 636

As much as I am hesitant to even respond, I wish to make myself clearly understood in an environment where we only have "text" to judge another's aura, therefore, all the more reason that we should choose our words carefully.To answer your question, yes, I did feel it was necessary because, despite what you or anyone else may think, I am a very concientious person and the fact that one person (in the original post) responded in a negative fashion may very well have been mirroring what a large whole could be feeling. As I have said, I try very hard not to be irritating, and if anything, quite the opposite and helpful. Also, I was concerned that this may make me look "Unnaceptable" in as much as how a "lady", not "chick" mind you, should conduct herself with her friends and associate sim lovers.THAT is why I started this poll, to be SURE that if any were offended, it would be only a few of a very large majority. Your initial response made me think. I even followed up, if you noticed, with a response assuring you that I was not angry with you. You had brought up a good point and I wanted to be sure that my fellow forumites didn't feel the same way.Being an American, I have grown up believing that everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think sig sizes should be an issue, you certainly have the right to think so. And, if you wish to create some of your own to see how "I" would like it, go for it. I certainly will not lose any sleep over it. I certainly wish that were the only problem I have in my life.As far as needing anybody to "defend" this poor little "chick", I have never brought it up before and am not a person to boast, but, like many members, and generations of my family, I have done a tour in the military. My father, uncles, and brother taught me how to handle and shoot firearms from the time I was eight. Instead of aerobics, I used to go to a San Su studio to stay fit. Defend me? Please!I knew that sooner or later my personality was going to get me into trouble here and most of the time, when I disagree with someone, I bite my tongue and say nothing, but sometimes, a person just HAS to stand their ground.Okay, I've had my rant and I apologize to the community in general for I certainly didn't intend for this to turn into a brawl. It was meant as an honest poll to determine whether or not I was out of line.After this, I am most certain, and would not blame them one bit, were Admin to make a ruling as to signature size. Of course, I will promptly respond to anything that they wish. It is their house and I always try to respect the rules of another persons home.Sincerely,Heather Sherman

Guest Edam

Thank you, Soarpics, for your response. It was respectful and welcome, unlike some others.The best part of it?"I do not accept your opinion about her sig, but I certainly accept your right to voice your opinion. And I accept your right to rant about the issue."We are in agreement!

Guest Heather 636

AVSIM, please close and remove this thread. I never intended to start a brawl between the people I have come to think of as my friends.Thank you.Heather

Guest Edam

The definitive close to this issue is kelleym's post. That's it for me.Add to that the other's who have hinted that it's too big, while trying to be accomadating to Heather. The next poat should be from the AVSIM Admins. I'm done.

Guest Scott Campbell

Heather,Whatever you want is fine. You shouldn't put too much stock in what others think.As for size, I did make one comment some time ago, and you granted that request to fit it onto the screen, and I thank you.As for file size, I have Cable Modem, and if you want Zeus flying to Earth on the wings of Icarus, go for it.It'e entirely up to you what to put in your signature. Given what some others have in theirs, yours is very tame. Yours is very tame in any case.Again, it's not up to others to comment on the content unless it clearly violates the rules of common civilization and decency.Like Anniette's e-mail, forget the poor people with too much time on their hands who just want to cause problems. Do what pleases you. I for one, like your signature, but again, my opinion is meaningless.

Guest Heather 636

Sorry Paul, but you didn't get to see what the big stink was about. I took the hint and removed it.My signature now, is as it was before.The controversy was over this:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d234f7c773ad13d.jpgSorry everyone for the big blow-up.Sheesh! For a girl who tries her darndest to avoid flame-wars, I was sure getting one started there wasn't I !Good night everyone.Heather

Guest PaulL01

>Sorry Paul, but you didn't get to see what the big stink was >about. I took the hint and removed it. >>My signature now, is as it was before. >>The controversy was over this: >>http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d234f7c773ad13d.jpg >>>Sorry everyone for the big blow-up. >>Sheesh! For a girl who tries her darndest to avoid >flame-wars, I was sure getting one started there wasn't I ! >>Good night everyone. >>Heather That? It adds even more to the great "atmosphere" you have created in your sig!I'm a dial-up customer and as Elrond pointed out its not that big in bytes and once I'v cached it, thats it, no big deal I'm not complaining. I think clearly you have a majority vote saying it's a keeper but if you feel it must go then, well, you mind if I steal it? :)Best Regards,

If thats your signature then so be it. I think it is quite appealing.RegardsBobG

Hi, Heather. I'll add my bit here. Your current signature is lovely in my opinion, and it adds a colorful touch. The one that brought up the subject and which Edam referred to is a bit large and calls for more scrolling effort. Not a big deal really, but I prefer the current one. All the best.

LOL!You're funny. Sorry, I don't even remember you from any point before, so if I "came at you" previously it must have been pretty insignificant and I apologize. I hope your ego survives this *continued* barrage from me, cause it was tiny this time as well.And oh yeah: I've got in real life myself, so scoring some imaginary points with a lady whose behind a bunch of words on my screen (very nice and helpful words as they are Heather! :-)) isn't exactly a priority for me. But I can see how you might confuse curtesy and respect from the two. :-smoochTake care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gif[link:flightontario.cjb.net]http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Paul where did you get those eyes I have been looking high and low to find them.I would love to use them for a screen saver.Thanks for any infoDenverDave

Guest Lindy

THIS isn't brawling!!! Believe you me, I've seen some SERIOUS brawling on these forums over the years. :-lol This is just a spirited discussion. Don't worry too much about it. I doubt anyone is going to be too concerned about the size of your signature. I have a dial up connection myself and your signature is not really any worse than anyone else's. It could stand a little downsizing though.If the issue of signature size gets to be too big (pun intended), I'm sure Tom or someone will speak up. -Lindy :-wave (chick, woman, lady, dame, gal, girl, bird....I think that just about covers it. Oh.... and flight simmer!)

>THIS isn't brawling!!! Believe you me, I've seen some >SERIOUS brawling on these forums over the years. :-lol >This is just a spirited discussion. >Let's see.................. the name Adrian comes to mind :)L.Adamson