Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

A bug?

Hello PMDG,Today I was flying a 2hour trip from WAAA to WIII. It was a normal flight, nothing special. Startup, taxi, and takeoff went fine, so went the cruise. However, when I started descent and tune my radios, I couldn't tune them at all. I was amazed what could possibly be wrong, all the instruments where showing normal. I continued the approach without ILS and COM, and then I figured out what had happened.I extended the gear, but that didn't do anything, I looked up to the overhead, and somehow my engine generators were no longer giving power to the airplane. I had switched both GEN on after startup. I started the APU, and switched to APU power, still no AC. I then switched off standby power, the switched the engine GENs back on, and v

Hmmm. v strange.'I extended the gear, but that didn't do anything..' Do you mean that the gear didn't go, or that it didn't solve the problem?Are you saying that with nothing providing power, your screens were still functional?? :| DodgyEDIT: Might be worthwile note post addon stuff you're using and further circumstance details.V new to me! Sorry about the uselessness of this, but it might keep it on the front page ;)Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesturday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)

Hi,I try to list some things to hopefully make my post more readable...-The gear didn't extend.-I'm not using any other add-on stuff.-Only systems that were affected were aircaft lights, radios and gear system.-The generators were on, but they stopped (for unknown reason) providing power to strobes and beacons, radios and the gear system. All other systems worked fine. There were no annunciators that the power was off, but AC was dropped down.-The LCDs were still working-Instruments were working-The only thing that solved the problem was to switch generators off, standby power off, then both back on.

Antti... In cruise, did you run the sim in the background for a long time whilst working on anything else on your computer?... I have found this to produce the oddest of effects.Hopefully this is the cause of your problem. Cheers.Ian.P.S. By the way, this effect is not restricted to PMDG alone.

Ian,Unfortunately this wasn't the case since I was only using the sim at that time. :/One thing I forgot to mention that this has never happened to me before until now with the 800/900.

Sigh, I believe I'm alone with this problem :(

Antti-are you using a registered FSUIPC?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest ben_hewitt

I know having extended battery off in registered FSUIPC causes some probs...try making sure it is on :)

Could this really have been the problem although I had engines on and engine generators on?If the answer is yes, then I'm happy it was nothing more than that. :)

Guest Ian_Bowden

I had the same problem after a clean install of FS9. I had forgot to "extend battery life" in FSCUIP (registered). Once I did this and then reloaded the sim to do the return flight (another 4.5hrs) I had no problems.Ian

Guest Angel

I had the same problem last night. KMEM-KMIA the gear came down just fine LCD's and instruments worked but no lights or radio. Do I need to register FSUIPC to avoid this in the future? Sandy :-)

Guest diajohn2

I had the problem yesterday. I looked under failures in realism and discovered an electrical failure was programmed in. I deleted that and restarted the engine generators. It did wake me up for sure.John Noe

Guest amerton

In fact, it seems that this happens to some users when they havea) an unregistered version of FSUIPCor:( a registered version of FSUIPC where the "extend battery life" option has not been selected.We've tried hard to pinpoint this and/or duplicate it, but, so far, we have not been able to. However, please try to use the "extend battery life" work-around and see if this will help you out.Anthony Merton (with Lefteris editing comments)Precision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com