Sign in to follow this  
Garys

747-400 Variants

Ok, now that the 800/900 has been released, Can you tell us if the 747-400ER variant with its extended fuel,payload and upgraded avionics is under consideration to be made available with the upcoming 747-400 series.Thanks in advanceGary

No I will not give them a break. Valid Question that I and many others want answered. If they dont want questions then they shouldnt announce there next project.Who are you to to pass comment anyway.Gary

"Who are you to to pass comment anyway."A kind and thoughtful person, perhaps? (Knowing how hard the team worked to produce the latest PMDG offering)I would imagine that after modelling a regular 744 and then a Freighter, that they would seriously lack the incentive to produce yet another version (considering the work involved...and the expected complaints from customers wanting to know why they have to pay extra $$$ for these variants). There only a couple of airlines flying the ER at the moment, so market (popularity) considerations could be another factor for not producing the ER.It is unlikely that the 744ER will be offered with the regular 744 package for the reason already mentioned for the Freighter (it will make the download too big).But who am I to pass comment you ask... (probably the guy having to explain the convoluted ER Fuel System logic to the PMDG team.... and then to the PMDG simmers.... knowing that not even Boeing got it right the first time). Rgds.Ian.

Ian"Who are you to to pass comment anyway.""A kind and thoughtful person, perhaps? (Knowing how hard the team worked to produce the latest PMDG offering)"Considering the amount of "this doent work or that doesnt work or how does this work" questions for the 800/900 since the release of the addon Id say there is quite a few thoughtless people amoung the 737 community wouldnt you agree? far more so than one question from someone who is anticipating the release of the next project. I dont see any complaints agianst them because they are obviously part of the little 737 boys club. I couldnt care less for the 737...never have never will, however it was PMDG themselves who posted screen shots on this very forum for the 747 project and not the 747 fans hassling them to do one so any questions regarding this next release and the consideration (which was all that was asked) of the latest 747-400's are warranted. If any 737 owners dont care for the -400, who cares,just go and fly your 73 and ignore this post. Theres no need to discourage the 747-400 fans from asking questions in this forum when as stated above PMDG themselves started the ball rolling to begin with.However I do appreciate your answer and your points a valid. Its much better than getting an arragant brain dead answer like the first one.Gary

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Having just read your 2 posts,I've come to my own conclusion that if anyone is arrogant sir it is you.PMDG have just released a new product,this happens to be a very complex product and the support required for such a release is very great.You come in here and DEMAND to know further information regarding the 744."PMDG themselves started the ball rolling to begin with"PMDG have announced their next product as being the 744 and NOTHING ELSE. There hasnt been an official announcement so I presume nothing is finalised.No point in asking questions and demanding answers.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

"Having just read your 2 posts,I've come to my own conclusion that if anyone is arrogant sir it is you"Im not arrogant.. far from it. I just know the answers to expect from this group who dont care for any other aircraft than the 737. "PMDG have announced their next product as being the 744 and NOTHING ELSE. There hasnt been an official announcement so I presume nothing is finalised"You know thats all the answer that was required to begin with."No point in asking questions and demanding answers."I wasnt demanding an answer. It was a repost to a similar question that was asked some time ago... do a search and you will see the responses the member recieved. The answers where exactly the same as the first one. So as requsted by the selfish 73 drivers I have waited until after the release of the 800/900 to ask the question again. If you dont like other questions other the 737..stiff sh*t your not PMDG.Gary

Guest EISN_CONTROL

"by the selfish 73 drivers"Who are you to call anyone selfish,as you stated in your first post-you only care for the 744.I dunno who u think you are talking to ANYONE like that is against the forum rules, it's rude and shows how truly arrogant and ignorant you really are.******* :-madJohn http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Ok everybody...With me now..Deep breath in... 2... 3... 4Hold... 2... 3....4.....Out....2....3.....4.....And againDeep breath in... 2... 3... 4Hold... 2... 3....4.....Out....2....3.....4.....Ahhh.. feel relaxed? We will be posting a detailed description of the PMDG Queen of the Skies project in the coming months. Currently, there have been no plans to build any Extended Range airplane, but nothing is set in stone right now.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest danowat

What on earth is the matter with people?, has someone put something in the water?.Come on people calm down, we all seem to be at each others throats these days.Some many arrogant and rude people who think the whole world owes them something, sheesh.Keep up the good work PMDG, there are many,many people who appreciate your hard work, and obviously a few who don't, sigh.Danny Watkins

Guest danowat

No mate, it was not directed at you, although it was your post I responded too, it didnt mean that it was at you.I think that its clear who I was talking about ;)Danny Watkins.

"Ok, now that the 800/900 has been released, Can you tell us if the 747-400ER variant with its extended fuel,payload and upgraded avionics is under consideration to be made available with the upcoming 747-400 series.""We will be posting a detailed description of the PMDG Queen of the Skies project in the coming months. Currently, there have been no plans to build any Extended Range airplane, but nothing is set in stone right now."VinPMDGHi Vin, Thanks for your answer. In reality this is how simple this post should have been to begin with before others stuck there noses in.I appologize for getting my back up.Gary

Guest Marc Harrington

Alrighty,now that we are all in the mood, the current unofficial plan includes the 747-400 and 747-400D (domestic) in the base pack. This will come with all the bells and whistles you could think of.Then there are rumors of a small add-on that will add the 747-400F and 747-400M and only minor model related refinements (such as LCD screens and changed Door Synoptics). Official plans will be announced as soon as the team is back at full throttle.Sincerely,