Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

banking speed sluggish on auto pilot

Guest iain williams

Hello, I asked this question earlier and received a few good pieces of advice which I have taken on board.The problem seems to be that when I bank with the aircraft on auto pilot, the time for the aircraft to respond to the bank is very sluggish. If I do the same bank without the auto pilot the aircraft is about 50% more responsive. My controllers are set correctly.Is the 737 that unresponsive when banking on auto pilot? Speed is 250 KIAS. Perhaps I have something clicked that I should not have clicked.......Thanks.....Iain

Guest amerton

Iain,Check your bank limiter on the MCP. Could be you've moved it to some unwanted setting ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest iain williams

Thanks Anthony for your positive feedback - this maybe the case and I'll check it tonight. Cheers.....Iain

Default BS at least on the real 700 is 25 (it is made default for PMDG too). On TO or APP in a flaps clean config you can go 30, with flaps you want it lower.. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Thomas K

Autopilots installed on airliners is -supposed- to make gentle and slow movements. It's unrealistic how all other developers create autopilots that fly the airplane like it's on steroids.On a different note, I have heard that the real 737NG autopilot is rather abrupt in its movements. Having said that, it still doesn't mean that the autopilot should produce 1 degree per second roll rates. -Thomas K

Guest iain williams

Hello people! Thanks for your input - appreciate your time.The "perceived" problem is not the actual autopilot turning the aircraft - this works fine is quite snappy indeed. The problem is when I try and manually bank the aircraft with the auto pilot turned on. The time for my yoke movements to take effect and create an actual bank seems rather slow. In comparison, when I turn off the auto pilot and fly manually, the time it takes until the bank devlops is very fast.I would have thought these two scenarios would have taken the same time. Cheers.............Iain

Iain-are you saying you want to fight the autopilot's banking, by introducing your own? Big No-No here...If you want to manually control roll while in Autopilot-controlled pitch, use CWS for banking...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest iain williams

Lefteris,No I don't want to fight auto pilot. I just wonder why you can bank much more quickly in manual as opposed to using auto pilot or CWS.........Iain

Guest iain williams

Just downloaded the 737 800/900 package and ALL my problems re banking with the 737ng have been solved. Everything operates just fine now - cheers..........Iain