Sign in to follow this  
Guest EDSJ

double touchdown

Guest Exu

Randy;Tried a circuit with no weather, Delta Airlines 800, GW was 137.3 k pounds, FMC called for vref of 138 at flaps 40, came in at 143 and had the bounce. This was a full Autoland.Here is the weight and balance section of aircraft.cfg[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]reference_datum_position= 52.786, 0.000, 1.861 // Vector of Boeing RFP to visual mode centre !! People DO NOT TOUCH !!empty_weight_CG_position=-57.770, 0.000, 0.000max_number_of_stations=50empty_weight=91300.000empty_weight_roll_MOI= 1630328.70empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 2103844.05empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 1754301.78empty_weight_coupled_MOI=202.00//station_load.0=900.0, -57.450, 0.000, 1.050//max_gross_weight=173000.000CG_forward_limit=0.133CG_aft_limit=0.330station_load.1=12240.0, -57.450, 0.000, 1.050station_load.2=10604.0, -57.450, 0.000, 1.050station_load.3=9955.0, -57.450, 0.000, 1.050Mats:Sorry can't give you any screenies as I don't know how.Lenny:FPS was 29.9 locked at 30Thanks guys, for trying to help us with this problem.:)Eric

I finally got the FMC problem solved. It was in the route. It was not selecting the IAF. I think it's left for the pilot to select depending on conditions, etc.As far as the bounces: I did bounce also at published speeds and config's, BUT: when I replayed the video I pulled up over the numbers. I think this is due to the eye point view from the 2d panel. It looks like you're in a dive when in fact your already in a flare. My guess is when you do this the airplane at Vref still has enough forward momentum to keep flying for a while and even climb a little. Flying as a passenger in 737's for all of my 33 years I have also noticed that the airplane seems to be very "light on it's heels" if you know what I mean. I've bounced more than twice before while riding as a pax. I think the 737 is inherently "floaty" in my opinion.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

For fun I landed the 900 a few moments ago from spot view manually landing and it still did not bounce. So I am at a loss......[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Panman

One trend that I have noticed is that people are mentioning their landing speeds but not their vertical speeds. I always aim for 200 fpm or less during the flare.Aaron-oOo-

You should not be watching VSI during the flare...Retard the throttles slowly at 30ft so as to be at idle when the aircraft touches down. At 30ft calmly raise the nose 2-3 degrees from the normal approach attitude and keep it there. Then accept the touchdown, don't try to adjust and finetune it anymore than that. That is how the landing is done IRL, and it should work here too.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest thscholz

>> General statements are not helpful please be more specific,>what model 2d only? VC and cabin? What livery?>Randy,what livery?:-hmmm :-lol Did PMDG implement better or worse pilots depending on the airline?CheersThomas

Guest EDSJ

Hello there,ok tero i try it. Watch this Video... If i watch correctly, the model touchdown and after this the gear. You can saw it about sinkrate is stopping... Look here:http://www.cadp.de/video/pmdgland.mpg...without any ideasSwen

Guest aaron_huber

I think the question is not about manually landing but about the autoland feature. I can grease it down pretty well manually but I get a bounce every time when doing an autoland.Do you get a clean landing when watching from spot view when in full autoland?Aaron

Guest filip146

Maybe the spoilers did'nt deploy on touchdown?Because of an unknown reason, I cannot arm the spoilers anymore using SHIFT /, only by clicking on them I can. This is the case for all aircraft including the standard planes, excluding Phoenix Software A330/A340 which is working fine...I landed once with a -900 with spoilers armed illuminated but lever in the down position and.... no spoilers on touchdown and double bounce with alot of smoke.... So there was a mismatch between the indication and the position of the lever.It's too late know (01:50AM) here in Belgium... I am going to get some sleep and try some things tomorrow!Happy flying,Filip.

Hi,What is the problem there ? It seems as though the flare angle is a bit too high, hence the danger of a tailstrike, but as I see it there is no tailstrike.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest EDSJ

Look right there! The model touchdown at the first!!! Not the Gear. If you check it, the model dont sink before the tires touchdown. That is a tailstrike, after this the gear touchdown... The modell stop sinkrate after this the gear touchdown. Watch the video 3 times, i think you wanna see it.RegardsSwen

Guest filip146

I don't see anything wrong in the video,EXCEPT... no spoilers on touchdown.... were the armed?

Guest ToMy Li

My aircraft flyes very well!

Guest EDSJ

No i think but is that really important? Spoilers go out on gear touchdown...I repeat... Watch the modell... The modell touchdown after this the gear! You can saw it on sinkrate is stopping... Why? No touchdown with gear. After sinkrate is stopping, the gear touchdown... Wouldn't you see it or didn't you see it? :( I've talk with friends and they saw this too like me. But thats not the primare problem. My problem is a double touchdown i would you show a video too, later. I post it here.RegardsSwen